Exodus from Tradewinds?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
G-force said:
It seems like the Triad Area INT/GSO is simply not going to be a good area for pilot employment for the forseable future.
o
That's why I bailed!!!! nothing good for long term plans out there....even if you wanted a "Normal" gig. Good luck with that too!

G-force said:
It seems like the Triad Area INT/GSO is simply not going to be a good area for pilot employment for the forseable future.

I can vouch for that. Whether you have 500 hours or 5000 with a couple jet types. Nothing happening here ... too many locals fighting for too few seats, and willing to take whatever scraps for whatever pay just to be bringing something in. :crying:

I don't know how you full-timers do it. I ain't got the balls.

Just heard it's about 10-15 of about 55 747 crewmembers leaving. Is Tradewinds going to run a replacement class?

Draginass said:
Just heard it's about 10-15 of about 55 747 crewmembers leaving. Is Tradewinds going to run a replacement class?

Any of these guys scabs? I heard Tradewinds had some former EAL scabs that went to work for them when Excess One shut down. It seems like these guys move around from one bottom feeder to the next about every 4 or 5 years.

Same Way!!!

CSY Mon said:
Yeah, heard most of the furloughed guys ain't coming back.
(Don't blame 'em)

Tradewinds have always been a training school for other 'lines, last year it was Focus, now it is Southern and others.

The Einsteins in GSO can't figure out why people are leaving.....:rolleyes:

It seems like this operator is going the same way that Independence Air went!!!! Belly UP!!!

G-force said:
It seems like this operator is going the same way that Independence Air went!!!! Belly UP!!!

TDX isnt going away anytime soon. There air some airbus routes that are very profitable and are tied to long term contracts. The problem is with the 747 program. Old airframes coupled with the fact the owner(s) doesnt want to spend the money to bring those birds up to snuff.

2nd Mishap!!!!

gringo said:
Just heard through the ether today that they lost their certificate. Can anyone confirm this?

This operator might just lose their certificate now that another accident has occurred in just a short time-span!!!!There will certainly be alot of EXPLAINING to do for the FEDS!!!!!

Latest resources

Back