• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Everzone

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I didn't think it was dead, I spoke with a few of my Zoner buds today and none had heard that. Just flame from Dart. ;0

Never said anything about the tanker. I have no idea what your talkin about there! As far as the LCF...The only person to take the ride on the 400 failed three times! How can you get training up and running if the D.O. cant even pass the ride.....than again this is all second hand info. I hope this is all false for all my buddies at the ZONE. Plus I hear the mngmt is trying to stick it to the contract talks...good luck guys

Fly safe guys and take care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moving2vegas
Sorry but the 74 stuipidtanker, oops... supertaker is already a flop. The feds barely have the budget to keep seats and the existing contract planes flying. Good luck coming up with 20,000$/hr and 50 grand a day in availabliity. You will never.....never see a fleet of 74 tankers dropping mud on fires.

I agree...the tanker has something like 118,000 hours on it! It is already back to cargo ops......and lots of DMI's

I was just looking back to the past.. Sorry! The D.O was not in the sim someone else was and I guess he did not do well. But they have someone else already going through the training and they have a few more guys waiting to step in. We will not even have a jet till Jan maybe so I think we have some time. In the mean time we have added 3 GE powered -200 and it looks like there are maybe 6 more on the way. Then I hope we will start getting rid of some of the 100000+ hour -100's. For now things look great and we are still looking for people for now.

Zoneload said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving2vegas
Sorry but the 74 stuipidtanker, oops... supertaker is already a flop. The feds barely have the budget to keep seats and the existing contract planes flying. Good luck coming up with 20,000$/hr and 50 grand a day in availabliity. You will never.....never see a fleet of 74 tankers dropping mud on fires.

I agree...the tanker has something like 118,000 hours on it! It is already back to cargo ops......and lots of DMI's

It is still on the demo tour and in tanker configuration.

Where did the LCF's go?

So if EZ lost the LCF contract. Who did Boeing award ithe contract to in its place? Or is it up for a rebid?

Last edited:
The Tanker is still on the demo tour but I don't know where it is now. Things seem to be doing well with it so we will see what happens next. We still have the LCF we don't get the first plane till Jan so we have a while. If we lost it then I think Cargo Lux would pick it up. I THINK....

Zoneload said:
The Tanker is still on the demo tour but I don't know where it is now. Things seem to be doing well with it so we will see what happens next. We still have the LCF we don't get the first plane till Jan so we have a while. If we lost it then I think Cargo Lux would pick it up. I THINK....

MZJ til Tuesday, Then BOI and San Bernadino.

So did or didn't EZ loose the LCF? Could an EZ guy post proof either way?

EZ did not lose the LCF contract. First flight by Boeing has been delayed for at least a month, because the a/c was supposed to be finished by June. It is still in Taiwan being modified. Then Boeing pilots get it for a few months for test flights. EZ has been told to expect the first a/c in Nov. or Dec. now.

Dart was just spreading flame bait. He is an ex EZ pilot, who rumor has it was not allowed back at the company.

Latest resources

Back