• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Everzone

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
EZ had a certain amount of time to get the program up and running. They dropped the ball. Sad to hear...i have a lot of friends there calling me for job info! Take that for what its worth...i really dont care.

Dart,

I was just posting a link to the Evergreen homepage. You would think if they lost the program, they would have updated the page.

But...I don't doubt that EZ lost the contract. Dell has done this to almost any descent contract he has ever obtained. I will call a few of my zoner buds and find out for sure.

I remember this post a few months back: http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=59629

...when Dart was so young and full of hope for Evergreen. Just cuttin' his teeth flyin' the big jets....talking about "the NEW Evergreen." It looks like you got out of the freight dog world and moved on to fly the bug smashers. I tried to tell you back then....never trust Dell.

It's like the old Evergreen motto: "If it seems to good to be true, check your mailbox for the furlough letter."

Hopefully this rumor isn't true, because if it is, I am sure Dell will begin a massive furlough like he always does. Crazy old bat.

I remember a few years back when Evergreen won this huge Brazillian contract. They were gearing up to hire, buy planes, etc. Then the day they were to start the operation (after delaying it for months), they even had flight crews commercial down to Brazil for the return flight....Dell cancelled the whole thing and pulled out. He screwed over Quantas years ago also. All he cares about is AMC.

Good luck Zoners. You guys are an awesome group.

Last edited:
that is very true!! You worn me...but it wasnt the company that got me out. It was the divorce!

I lost track of how many contracts they lost when I was here because they wouldn't fork over any cash to get ready for future work. They seem to think they need to make the money before they put any into new plans. Too bad, hopefully this doesn't kick of another furlough wave.

We have not lost the LCF contract. I was just talking to the PM today and training starts in Aug for the ground ops staff. About 3 months ago someone told me the the tanker program was dead and that Smith fired everyone involved with it. The very next day the plane landed in MZJ and now they are doing the demo flights, so much for the program being dead. Alot of people did not want us to get the LCF and now that we got it they want us to fail. Boeing has to get the plane up and running first before we can get our hands on it for a Jan 1st flight. We are moving along getting check airmen in place to do the training for the pilots and Boeing is going to be doing the training for the MX and LM staff. In 16 years I have seen alot of things come and go but this is here to stay.. I also think DART was the guy that said the Tanker had 118000 hours and that the program was dead also...

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back