• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Evergreen Hiring 60..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It sounds like there are at least 7 cargo airlines that are planning on getting more -400s....but I think they're all planning on getting the same planes....unless they can find PAX birds and convert them, I don't think there are enough -400Fs to fill all the slots at all these airlines.

It sounds like there are at least 7 cargo airlines that are planning on getting more -400s....but I think they're all planning on getting the same planes....unless they can find PAX birds and convert them, I don't think there are enough -400Fs to fill all the slots at all these airlines.

2 years, ago you could have bought a freighter for $25-30M... today they're north of $50.. the managers of these "expanding" airlines need to be fired.

2 years, ago you could have bought a freighter for $25-30M... today they're north of $50.. the managers of these "expanding" airlines need to be fired.

Yes, they should be fired, but will get promoted for a job well done. That is the airline industry for you.

the F word?

Someone I know was told by scheduling that by Jan 3rd they will only have 3 or 4 a/c that have flying scheduled for them. Sounds like the slow down everyone half expected.

I hate these type of rumors! "I heard it from a friend who heard from a friend who heard it from another".

In other words, False!!

or is it...

Don't worry chief, I called for something else and casually brought it up in conversation and was told the same thing about the amount of scheduled flying...now take that and run with it.

Don't worry chief, I called for something else and casually brought it up in conversation and was told the same thing about the amount of scheduled flying...now take that and run with it.

well, I do have a friend who's got a friend who's in class there now... schedule to start sim in early Jan... so what do we make of that?

still believe in Santa too?

I have 2 friends in the pool, they were told no more hiring indefinitely (i.e. until they get more planes). The December newhire class was cancelled and I just flew with the instructor who was supposed to teach that class so how anyone could be in class now would be purely magical, because there was no one teaching one.

I also just flew with the D.O. and he confirmed that all hiring is on hold until further notice. So if, and I state IF, there is a slowdown in flying there COULD be some issues. But if you aren't expecting that like I am, than you haven't been doin this "dance" very long.

Hasta Lasagna

I have 2 friends in the pool, they were told no more hiring indefinitely (i.e. until they get more planes). The December newhire class was cancelled and I just flew with the instructor who was supposed to teach that class so how anyone could be in class now would be purely magical, because there was no one teaching one.

Hasta Lasagna

The guy I know of is in the Nov class... they split them up after ground school and his sim is scheduled to start in Jan... last I heard, he's still going.. But yeah, Dec class was cancelled as was all subsequent hiring.

Latest resources

Back