• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Etihad info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you go on PPRUNE, there are no discussions allowed on Etihad anymore because the company didn't like the negativity and the "false" statements that were being made about them on that website. The company apparently either asked or sued the website for the names of the people who were making the negative posts.

I would be cautious about going to a company that worried about a few individuals making negative comments....true or not. Just my 2 cents.

From what I have read, not many pilots leaving Emirates or Qatar for Etihad... Read what you will into that statement.

Good luck!

Found this on Pprune.org. I guess if you really, really want to fly a 787 in the future (don't want to wait years and years at a legacy carrier), Etihad, like Qatar Airways, might give you the chance:

See article:

Airberlin (Berlin) and Etihad Airways (Abu Dhabi) have announced plans to integrate their Boeing 787 Dreamliner programs, affecting a total of 56 firm aircraft – which is more Dreamliners than are on order with any other airline – and saving millions of dollars for both carriers.

A combined Etihad Airways-Airberlin team, led by Etihad Airways, will oversee the integration program, which will see the two airlines share infrastructure, pool maintenance, develop joint training programs, and streamline purchasing activity for engines, rotables, avionics and inflight entertainment systems, as well as work jointly on product development for the new aircraft type.

In December 2011 Etihad Airways increased its stake in Airberlin to 29.21 percent, making it the single biggest shareholder in Europe’s sixth largest airline.

The move came just days after Etihad Airways announced it was buying 10 additional Boeing 787-9 Dreamliners, taking its total order to 41, with 25 options and purchasing rights, making the UAE flag carrier the largest operator of the aircraft type in the world.

Airberlin has 15 Boeing 787s on order with options and purchase rights on a further 15 aircraft. Delivery will begin in 2015.

I was under the impression:

1st: EK & EY
2nd: QR

Is this not the case anymore?

Pretty much. Go for EK. If u don't get it then go for the other 2. That would be my 2 cents.

1st: EK

2nd: EY or QR.....about equal in my opinion.

From the research I conducted, I'd put the order as EK, EY, then QR.

And unless something has changed, you need Airbus or Boeing time for EY, even the entry level A320 FO position. EK and QR do not require time-in-type.

Any chance one of them will start doing "extended layovers"? Eva Air out of Taiwan did that for a while - you were officially based in Taipei, but every month you would get a ten day layover in the country you were from - if you were from a country the airline served. Spoke with a guy who used to fly for them who lives in the SF bay area. Each month he would get a ten day layover in SFO as well as a few other 24+ hour layovers. All in all he was home about 14-16 days each month while being based and working in Taiwan. Something like this would make these ME airlines far more attractive, but still allow them to officially base everyone in country.

It will not happen. All the Middle Eastern carriers require you to live in domicile. There is no way to back all your trips up and then go home for 12-15 days.

It will not happen. All the Middle Eastern carriers require you to live in domicile. There is no way to back all your trips up and then go home for 12-15 days.

I know, it is just wishful thinking. Commuting contracts are one of the reasons Asia is a lot more attractive IMHO.

Latest resources

Back