• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Etihad info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I really appreciate your thoughts going to Etihad, trust me this has been an agonizing decision that I have to make in the next two months. Obviously living in America is easier, it's prettier, and let's face it with a US carrier and US medical all you have to do is show up sober and your good to go. \
I may have mentioned earlier but the last time I was furloughed I flew in Saudi for NAS and flew in China for Shenzhen. I prob. disliked Saudi as much as I liked China. I'm really hoping life in Abu Dhabi is better. \
As far as staying in the US at the end of the day I'd rather but even as a line pilot/ sim instructor on 4th year pay working 16 days a month in the sim and flying a 3 day line trip I take home a whopping 5k and am working myself to death and STILL can't pay my bills so that's why going there as a checkairman captain with a wide body 2-4 years down the road is looking very, very good, esp considering that if mergered I'll prob be 50 yrs old and 500 off the bottom of the list, merged or not.\
Anyhow as you said its a personal decision luckily my family is on board with the move, they like the expat community. My wife really enjoys the expat life and my sons just need fishing!
Anyway if you know of anyone there or can shed any further light on daily life in the UAE I'd like to hear it, I know you are in Dubai but from what I saw at he interview they had restaurants, golf, booze, so exactly what is it that is missing that everyone seems to be willing to leave a 777 left seat and lots of cash to go be a delta or god forbid a USAir f/o how will struggle to pay bills and be a decade from reserve 320 capt\
Thanks again

I enjoyed Abu Dhabi....don't think Saudi Arabia...AUH much different

I have spent fair amount of time in Saudia Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar , and Abu Dhabi.
There is no comparison whatsoever between the first and the last!(except sand)
Lots of expats, beer and whatever else you want.....lifestyle is honestly not bad!

Latest resources

Back