Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Pull To Guns

http://careers.etihadairways.com/ehire/English/JobSearch.aspx

Its a generic link but choose UAE under the country drop-down menu and choose operations under division, then look for the Flight Dispatcher position. I think there are two slots available.

For those craving some international heavy experience and a little adventure it may be a good fit.

I am the only Yank DX'er in the NOC and we need more out here.

It really find it quite nice and stable in Abu Dhabi compared to the airline chaos back in the US.

Some culture shock but great bennies. Take a look!

Last edited:
I was thinking they were hiring to REPLACE you...cuz you're moving home!

No such luck! :(

Man culture shock is probably an understatement. I couldn't imagine what it would be like for the first 6 months... haha

How's day to day life over there?

I think it boils down to if you are single or married. If you are single and want to have memories to last a life time then go for it. If you are married your spouse is most likely going to hate it and you are going to wish you never took the job in the first place.

I think it boils down to if you are single or married. If you are single and want to have memories to last a life time then go for it. If you are married your spouse is most likely going to hate it and you are going to wish you never took the job in the first place.

Ding...ding...ding we have a winner! Being single is the key. If you come out here with a spouse and/or family in tow you are taking a big risk. This is not the place to repair a marriage either.

Day to day life is quite pleasant, better in some ways than the US. The infrastructure is first class and the country is clean and crime-free. One just has to know the rules and keep under the radar and you will not be messed with. The UAE is 80% expats.

It is a big move but I am glad I did it. I have a tax-free income, free housing and utilities and a 5 minute commute.

Latest resources

Back