Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

sydeseet

Huge Member
I'm considering pursuing a Master's Degree through ERAU's on-line campus. I was planning on starting the CAM training through ERAU but figured if I was going to put in the effort I might as well get another degree out of it.

Has anyone done this? If so, I'd appreciate some feedback on your experience.

I'm not worried about the costs as much as I am the overall quality of the experience and the feasability of completing the course during my down time - hotel rooms, days not flying, etc.

My math shows that if I take four courses per year I can complete the program in three years which seems like a realistic pace for a guy like me.

Thanks!!!!

I'm about halfway through a MS in Management through ERAU online.
Overall, it's been a pretty decent program. It has its challenges, but if you go at a reasonable pace, it shouldn't be too overwhelming. 4 classes a year is no sweat. There are a couple classes that have somewhat heavy workloads, but not unmanageble. As far as quality goes, it ain't Harvard Business School, but I could really care less. It's legit enough for me.

Same comments as fearless. I'm about halfway through the online MBA through ERAU. Some classes were easy, some were real ballbusters.

The program is a great way to use up time sitting in hotels doing nothing. For my classes, generally there is reading and a video lecture each week. Usually I have to log into the website about twice a week to read what others have written about a topic and make my comments.

Usually a midterm and a final, plus some papers for each class. The professors are usually pretty good, as for the quality of the classes, most have been very good. One or two duds (MIS or computers for managers was one of these, kinda boring since it was all theory) but I feel like I'm learning a lot.

You don't get as good as education as a real classroom, but I'd never have the schedule to do that. Also, you don't make the same contact as you would in class either.

Still - as an online program, I think it's great.

I'm about halfway through the online MBA through ERAU.

An MBA program? Do you mean the MS in Management program or is there an MBA program I couldn't find?

There will be times, although rare, where my access to the internet is limited, on a week long international trip for instance. Is this going to be a grade killer or will I be able to work around this?

Thanks for the input!!

Last edited:
A grad degree is not necessarily going to help you as a pilot, but sooner or later there's gonna come a day when you won't be able to fly.....helps to have something to fall back on.

My thoughts exactly. An MBA or any sort of doctorate isn't going to be much use to a career aviator, but it's always nice to have a plan C in your pocket in case flying becomes off-limits.

Did you guys take the GMAT or does ERAU have an alternative? If you took the GMAT, what did you do to prepare for it?

Money: cost of course.Length of time

I'm considering pursuing a Master's Degree through ERAU's on-line campus. I was planning on starting the CAM training through ERAU but figured if I was going to put in the effort I might as well get another degree out of it.

Has anyone done this? If so, I'd appreciate some feedback on your experience.

I'm not worried about the costs as much as I am the overall quality of the experience and the feasability of completing the course during my down time - hotel rooms, days not flying, etc.

My math shows that if I take four courses per year I can complete the program in three years which seems like a realistic pace for a guy like me.

Thanks!!!!

You did not mention how much it costs,or how long it takes?

I understand that maybe you need a backup plan but how much is those three letters worth (MBA) with no experience to back it up? My reasons are that I would want a skill set outside of aviation completely, also I am interested in entrepenurship (sp) and there are MBA's that focus on that.

Latest resources

Back