• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Endeavor attrition

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Which will come first? Too few pilots or too few planes? I suspect aircraft returns will increase to balance the attrition but that can only happen for so long and so fast. The singularity will be when downgrades increase beyond 13-02 and no one can afford to stay. This place is a self sustaining black hole of attrition that will force a shutdown.

It will continue to spiral until the lifers at/near the top become FOs. At that point probably even they will no longer be lifers with the horrible FO pay. But by that point we will be the size of Comair and destined for the same fate.

Delta will eventually have to shift the flying because of the lack of pilots. I don't buy into this having to be the 2nd lowest carrier at xjet. Who else is left to take to on that much flying?

SkyWest......

SkyWest......
Skywest is chasing the very same dragon, QOL is the first victim, pay is next, chimp has a mini chubb. Pay and QOL is as bad, if not worse than other places since there are no protections, FARs are all you have, the Skrew Skeduling cry of "its legal" will ring in your ears, every duty day. Coupled with the 16 hour day for guarantee, means you will make less than minimum wage.

I think Ryan's weekly update should be changed to Ryan's monthly update. It's been almost 3 weeks since we've heard from him. Maybe he's on vacation. Doubt that. If you're going to call it weekly update at least do it or call it something else.
Also as of pay day today they still haven't posted pay stubs for viewing. There is a great lack of communication lately if you haven't noticed. Also no word on the 200's lately.
They have parked a few. Have heard the turn backs were going to be accelerated, then not, and then we are keeping some ,and then they are all going. Insanity.

So how long before Bendover turfs another one?
With it taking 100 hours of OE to get the pilots trained they must be arriving on the short bus!

So how long before Bendover turfs another one?
With it taking 100 hours of OE to get the pilots trained they must be arriving on the short bus!

I hope that doesn't happen. However, Pinnacle had issues before the new training program came into play. How many airframes were bent or destroyed before Colgan or Mesaba Pilots came on property?

Also I think you're exaggerating a little about 100 hours of OE. I'm not saying that there hasn't been a few, but I haven't heard of any. In any case it isn't all of them. A lot of the Colgan pilots haven't flown for a long time, and that is adding to increased OE. I will also say that after witnessing OE at other airlines, including mainline, and my own experience at Mesaba, Pinnacle/Endeavor OE instructors don't conduct OE in the same manor. And it seems that they all do it differently without any standardization. The training managers have been working hard at changing some of these philosophies, but as the saying goes, it's hard to teach an old dog new tricks. Anyway what I'm trying to say is it's recognized that some of the problem is with the instruction and not just with the pilots

I hope that doesn't happen. However, Pinnacle had issues before the new training program came into play. How many airframes were bent or destroyed before Colgan or Mesaba Pilots came on property?

Also I think you're exaggerating a little about 100 hours of OE. I'm not saying that there hasn't been a few, but I haven't heard of any. In any case it isn't all of them. A lot of the Colgan pilots haven't flown for a long time, and that is adding to increased OE. I will also say that after witnessing OE at other airlines, including mainline, and my own experience at Mesaba, Pinnacle/Endeavor OE instructors don't conduct OE in the same manor. And it seems that they all do it differently without any standardization. The training managers have been working hard at changing some of these philosophies, but as the saying goes, it's hard to teach an old dog new tricks. Anyway what I'm trying to say is it's recognized that some of the problem is with the instruction and not just with the pilots

I still see people running to get airplanes on time. Baffles me.

Latest resources

Back