• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Endeavor Air-(Pinnacle, Colgan, Mesaba)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There is only an expedited interview for delta not a guaranteed spot in class. That's what's so funny about the pos ta pinnicle signed.
You guys got hosed all the way around.

Individually there is no spot per say, but when there is a delta class airline wide there are spots that must be filled by pinnacle pilots

Okay my point is that its just an interview is this... Delta can change the requirements for employment as they see fit as the come across the list. So the person in front of me and behind me on the seniority list can have different requirements than I for getting hired. I will also say that when Delta hires 20 a month, guess what? Only Mesaba flows and Compass flows will be in class. Those commitments need to be honored first, which leaves no spots for the SSP. Only the elite of the Pinnacle pilots will get to Delta (other than the most pampered of the former mesaba pilots that were grandfathered into the flow) will be given a chance at the SSP-by elite I mean those that will have the nepotism factor and the union guys that pushed this contract on us. No, I do not have faith in this program as being a 1,000 down on the list at 12 a class (eventually), it would be years before I see Delta. Oh and how much do I trust Delta and ALPA? Well, about as much as I trust my old flow to NWA and Delta is still worth something. I was about 200 numbers away from the flow. Thanks ALPA and DELta

Okay my point is that its just an interview is this... Delta can change the requirements for employment as they see fit as the come across the list. So the person in front of me and behind me on the seniority list can have different requirements than I for getting hired. I will also say that when Delta hires 20 a month, guess what? Only Mesaba flows and Compass flows will be in class. Those commitments need to be honored first, which leaves no spots for the SSP. Only the elite of the Pinnacle pilots will get to Delta (other than the most pampered of the former mesaba pilots that were grandfathered into the flow) will be given a chance at the SSP-by elite I mean those that will have the nepotism factor and the union guys that pushed this contract on us. No, I do not have faith in this program as being a 1,000 down on the list at 12 a class (eventually), it would be years before I see Delta. Oh and how much do I trust Delta and ALPA? Well, about as much as I trust my old flow to NWA and Delta is still worth something. I was about 200 numbers away from the flow. Thanks ALPA and DELta
Cue the jerks replying that you're "entitled" because of that post.

Anyway, I've said it before I'll say it again, I miss Northwest. (and pepsi)

DAL management's wet dream would be to staff 51% of the airline with the peeknuckle sackless wonders, future concessionary contracts would be guaranteed.

sign me up, give me a Delta number and make me offers and I will vote the same way I did at Pinnacle-with my needs and that of providing for my family. But I will say that while at a major such as Delta, they would not be in the position to shut down and farm out the flying for the entire mainline-but they could with Comair and Pinnacle. I wish PBR was in HR, I love that idea.

Delta made 850 million in the second quarter. Doesn't that make us feel awesome.
I heard a rumor that there is work going on behind the scenes to turn the ssp into a straight flow. I don't buy into it and I don't trust rumors but the only reason I am posting this rumor is because I think that if something like this were to ever happen it would actually be WORSE than what we have now for the majority. At least with the ssp people wont pass the interview or you have a small chance of being picked for the interview out of seniority order but with a straight flow if you were sitting near the 1000 mark on the list even if delta took 50% endeavor pilots in each class it would take at least 3 to 4 years to make it to you, and in that time frame 2000 pilots would be on top of you on the seniority list. Flow throughs are not a good deal unless all hiring comes from your list.

Delta made 850 million in the second quarter. Doesn't that make us feel awesome.
I heard a rumor that there is work going on behind the scenes to turn the ssp into a straight flow. I don't buy into it and I don't trust rumors but the only reason I am posting this rumor is because I think that if something like this were to ever happen it would actually be WORSE than what we have now for the majority. At least with the ssp people wont pass the interview or you have a small chance of being picked for the interview out of seniority order but with a straight flow if you were sitting near the 1000 mark on the list even if delta took 50% endeavor pilots in each class it would take at least 3 to 4 years to make it to you, and in that time frame 2000 pilots would be on top of you on the seniority list. Flow throughs are not a good deal unless all hiring comes from your list.

Every time I hear this rumor in the crew room it is some ex-Colgan or ex-Pinnacle guy tripping over his own rumor because it makes no sense. They have no idea what a flow through is. It seems like all the junior pilots at the company just realized that they might not get picked up ahead of the captains they hate in the SSP even though they are such spikey haired wunderpilots.

The closest I've been able to tell to some sort of fact based rumor is that the union is trying to increase the number of SSP pilots through after the Mesaba flows in exchange for hiring bonuses to make us competitive.

By the way, a flow through is a great deal for the pilot group. Yes it may not help YOU, and YOU may be able to get a number at American before the flow hits YOU, but it's a good deal for the pilot group as a whole(not for the ME ME ME ME crowd).

Does this mean all the prickes and ****************************** bags are going to delta? Like arrogant rose to name a few ?

" At least with the ssp people wont pass the interview or you have a small chance of being picked for the interview out of seniority " Did you ever think that you may not pass the interview? Maybe you have not been around the last 15 years but there are some awesome guys on our list that have been shot down by major airlines. Guys that have their Sh*t together and sharp all around. So you think if you get the opportunity to interview ahead of them you are a shoe in? Good luck with that.

Latest resources

Back