Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Emirates: How long from shortlist to interview?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I just got my invitation for the interview in Dubai and I applied in mid-December. I just don't feel right helping out anyone with a French flag in their avatar.
uba757

LOL. You smelly french.

Anyone who b.nes their cousin is funny!

Can anyone actualy flying for EK give me an insight of the lifestyle in Dubai. I can only imagine how different it's compared to the US.
Can you "jumpseat" home on other carriers?
Is the pay really good like the way they advertise?

Just trying to make a decision of my future.
Since I've always dream of flying heavy A/C on Int'l routes, EK seems to be the best shot around...

Last edited:
Can anyone actualy flying for EK give me an insight of the lifestyle in Dubai. I can only imagine how different it's compared to the US.
Can you "jumpseat" home on other carriers?
Is the pay really good like the way they advertise?

Just trying to make a decision of my future.
Since I've always dream of flying heavy A/C on Int'l routes, EK seems to be the best shot around...
I'm not an EK pilot (hopefully will be soon...) but have some friends there and they say everything is as advertised. No jumpseat on EK (don't know on other carriers but doubt it). Pay is as described. Took a month and a half from short list to interview call (which is another two months from now). Good luck to everyone.

Do yourselves a favor

Before you begin believing everything that Emirates is blowing up your skirts, go to the forums in PPrune.org in the Middleeast section and read what is said over there by some of the guys flying there.

Don't believe everything, because many of the posters have an agenda of their own to spread around.
But there is some very good info none the less, that should be required reading for anyone contemplating the move to the sand box.

Do the research and ask some questions.

Don't think life is so great just because your flying a "HEAVY" jet.

Same sh*t different clowns.

PITA is right. I've been researching this and talking to everyone I can and reading everything I can.

EK is not perfect. If you go there thinking you're going to be in a place like the U.S. Legacies during the "glory days", you're wrong.

I'm looking at it for several reasons:

1.) I want to be on my own seniority list. I may soon get my CA bid back inside the fence in STL but I'll still be 9,000+ on the seniority list and subject to furlough.

2.) I liked flying on that side of the world when I was laid off. We're not in Kansas anymore, Toto...

3.) I want my kid to grow up seeing something different than I did.

Right now, many people are upgrading in three years. If it takes a little longer, so be it. If it happens in that time frame, great.

I wouldn't go there looking for a magical turnaround in your career. And don't even think about commuting. Guys try to do that to Europe and Oz (keeping their families home) and they are some of the miserable schmucks on pprune.

Good luck. I'm filling out my app right now. TC

Latest resources

Back