• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Embraer Headset

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I got my Mach 1 on Monday. I was able to try it on this trip. It's awesome. I did a comparison of my molded telex earpiece vs. the mach 1. The Mach 1 wins hands down. it's quiet, comfortable, drowns out all the wind noise and the mike is quiet. It's a clear winner.

Last edited:
Ditto-what he said-the Mach 1's are the missing link for the ERJ!! Downside=Mic is a bit short, I'm trying to get Joe at Lightspeed to lengthen the mic 1" at least for better sound quality. What do you guys think that are using the Mach 1?

So far I like mine a lot too. I think the mic could be a little longer but it is nice not having to move the mic out of the way to take a sip of water. One thing I wish I could do is put the mic on the right side. That way I could put that side on and leave the left ear piece out while taxing when the guy in the left seat does not have a headset on.
Does any one know if you can get a custom ear mold for this headset? Just wandering if I can can cut even more noise out if so. The documention that came with mine is lacking. What is the button on the opposite side of the volume control for? Which direction do you put the bigger ear piece on in. With the tube extended out or in?

Is $500 a stretch for you? It normally would be for me but I sold my telex 500 that I bought 4 years ago for $420 new from the old company store and had it pay-roll deducted until a few months ago. I sold it on eBay for $350. So I only had to come up with the extra money. If you can unload your old headset on eBay then it might help with the price. It doesn't matter the condition. At the same time I also sold an 8 year old pair of David Clarks that had fadded to a yellow green, worn out and was sitting on my basement tool chest for the last 5 years for $98.00. Otherwise, no I would not have dropped $500 on this headset.

Last edited:
With that said, I would highly recomend this headset for the ERJ or any other aircraft. I have Jumpseated in many different aircraft and the Mach 1 would would be my first choice if I were flying anything different. I used to have to sit up front in a Jetstream also to commute. I think this headset would work fine on that aircraft too. I don't know how the noise levels compare on the J41 with the Saab or the Beech's, but I am sure they are similar.
FYI, the headset comes with a 5 year warranty with LIGHTspeed.

ERJ and Mach 1 Headset

Bump ---

Just curious how is the hot mike noise in the ERJ with the Mach 1? I have been able to adjust my Telex 5x5 down to a good level but I am still in pursuit of a better headset.

hot mike noise is not a problem for the mach 1's. I got rid of my bose X for the mach 1's. They are worth every penny. Funny though, I've only been able to use the blue ear plugs that came with them. Tried the white ones & they were worthless (made of rubber). I guess it'll be a good idea to stock up on the blue ear plugs before running out of them.

Latest resources

Back