Effect of Driving record

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Driving records

The best way to know for sure if something is showing up on your driving records is to obtain them. Get your records from your state Department of Motor Vehicles and from the National Driver Registry. Some airlines ask applicants to produce their driver records, so now is as good a time as any to order them.

Last edited:
The short answer to this is that you are screwed. However, as many posters have said, time will help.

I am in Ohio, and your MVR (motor vehicle record) will follow you around for three years. After having interviews at Regionals, most saw that I had one ticket in the past three years and were okay with that. You have to be honest on your application, because they WILL do their research.

Prior to the three years, I had quite a few speeding tickets, and they all had dropped off. As long as the Airline is not the police, and they are not, you will be fine after time. The police, lawyers, judges, etc. have access to your entire history as a driver.

Go to your BMV office. (not just the local registrar, but the actual BMV office where you initially received your first license) Have them print out your MVR for a very small fee. I did this, and this will allow you to see what the Airline can find out about you.

SLOW DOWN, and give it some time.

Peace.

Latest resources

Back