Effect of Driving record

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

chuzie

Ok- I have a crappy history of speeding. I have had 3 tickets in as many years and more prior to that. I just have the need for speed. I have nothing, other than speeding tickets, on my record. Could this potentially be a BAD think when I go for an airline job. Does it show a sense of urgency, or a lack of planning and disregard for rules?

Thanks,
Mike

Driving record

chuzie said:
Ok- I have a crappy history of speeding. I have had 3 tickets in as many years and more prior to that. I just have the need for speed. I have nothing, other than speeding tickets, on my record. Could this potentially be a BAD think when I go for an airline job. Does it show a sense of urgency, or a lack of planning and disregard for rules?
Yes. Many airlines routinely ask applicants to submit driving records or get them on their own. They believe they gain insights into a person by his/her driving record. A bad driving record will certainly be to your detriment for all the reasons you suggest.

You really don't get to where you're going that much faster by speeding, especially with how traffic is these days. Ease up on the accelerator. Your flying career, car and gas bill will thank you.

Southwest Airlines might like someone who likes to speed, since they're always flying with their overspeed buzzer going off!

If you keep your record clean for a few more years, you can have the speeding tickets expunged (SIC?).

User997 said:
Southwest Airlines might like someone who likes to speed, since they're always flying with their overspeed buzzer going off!
Very dumb thing to say......but I'll give in and bet it was a joke.

As far as the tickets go, shows poor judgement and will be a big deal. Better slow it down hot shot and put a few years between yourself and your last ticket.

Time heals all wounds -- and youthful indescretions.

xrated said:
They do if you were cited (given a ticket).
What if you received a citation due to an accident, went to court plead not guilty, the next court hearing the cop and witness doesn't show, gavel slams down as the words "case dismissed" roar from the judges mouth.

Is this on a driving record, I don't think so, I think a person has to be convicted of the citation to be on their driving record (NDR anyhow).

Do airlines perform county's of past residence checks or do they rely on the NDR for your complete driving record???

pp

I have an auto accident on my driving record and I was never given a ticket/convicted of anything. In fact, the other driver was given two tickets and was found to be at fault for the accident.

Yet, it still shows up on my driving record....there's no way of knowing for sure what is and isn't on there unless you go to the proper state authority and ask for a copy. I even have a speeding ticket on mine from before I was an adult (under 18).

Latest resources

Back