Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

sydeseet

Huge Member
Does anyone have any experience using EFB's in the ever-so-spacious Lear cockpit? I'm trying to balance function, ease of use, and available space before the units arrive.

Thanks!!!!

We use EFB's in both our aircraft. One's a Lear 55. They work well in the Lear, we keep them behind the pilots seats.

I would suggest an outlet in the cockpit to recharge though.

Learjet sent us this..they are working off an arm installed off the map light mount

The FG-4000 features an 866MHz Pentium processor and a display that will adjust for the brightest sunlight or the darkest night without loss of readability or night vision. Installed in the Learjet aircraft, the FG-4000 will allow the display of Jeppesen charts and real time weather when interfaced to the available WSI In-Flight Satellite Weather System.

Although this installation does not constitute approval for paperless operation, it is the first step toward such approval. The customer must coordinate paperless operational approval through the local FSDO. The installation of this system does not guarantee that paperless operation will be approved.

A network STC business case has been approved for the Lear 31, 35, 36, 45, 55, and 60.

The conformity aircraft for each STC must undergo certification flight-testing which will increase the required downtime for this installation. Additional lead-time for certification will also be required for the conformity aircraft.

More info

My understanding is this would be wired into the electrical system and have the WSI weather as an option. We are looking at this for our Learjet 45...also would like the Arinc to serial interface from the FMS for moving map display.

So if we can get a mounting arm, WSI weather, GPS interface and powered by the aircraft it should be pretty nice!

Which EFBs do you have on the way? From what manufacturer? I am also curious as to how many total and how many per plane that is? Not to be too nosy there, but I am embarking on a part time job of selling EFBs for corporate aviation use and I am curious what your order looked like? Thanks!

Efb

Our new 45 will be delivered in 06'. We will spec. it out in Aug 05. So, whatever Learjet has certified at that time is what we will end up with.

What they are advertising now is the previous post.

They equip the aircraft with EFB's from the factory? They should when you consider the price of a new airplane, but I guess I just didn't think about the fact that they would do that.

Option

Well, it should be available shortly for the Learjet's.
I have heard that Cessna has the EFB as a factory option on the Citation XLS

efb's

We've been using EFB's in our Lear45 since we took delivery last September and they've been working great. Since we are part 91 our's did not need to be an approved model. We use the Hewlet Packard tablet PC'S I think the number is 1100C I'm not for sure though. You can check out www.hp.com for pricing, ours ran about 2400.00 a piece, with all the goodies (docking station, keyboard, wireless card, extra plug in adapters). The wireless card works great for when your on the road and need to update the Jeppview and Flitedeck. Takes about 5 min. to update. We do have an outlet installed in the pedestal, so they are plugged in all the time. Otherwise they have about a 3 hr bat. life if left on continuously.

FG-3000 in LJ31a

We use the FG-3000 in our 31a's with no problem. Power socket has been installed for constant 'charging' - and holder is mounted on center console by FO's left knee

Latest resources

Back