• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Eagle Vote's No???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The difference between Comair and Eagle is that Comair didn't do almost 90% of Delta Connection flying.

Comair was big in only maybe 2 or 3 cites. Cincy being it's biggest and a hub were Delta downsized.

Eagle going away will impact American in many cities compared to Comair and Delta.

While I agree Eagle will shrink I highly doubt it will be as close to easy as the Comair situation was. Just watch......

Just like 85% pinnacle voters. All they do is compare us to Comair. We are not Comair.

http://www.law360.com/articles/19663/comair-pilots-yield-to-tentative-concessions-deal

Law360, New York (March 02, 2007, 12:00 AM ET) -- Comair Inc. pilots have given in to pay cuts and other concessions in a deal with the Delta Air Lines Inc. unit as the struggling airline attempts to exit from Chapter 11.
Friday’s tentative agreement put Comair on track to slash costs by $40 million within the next four years, and the airline expects to emerge from bankruptcy protection along with Delta in late April or May.

Well I read up..........

Pretty simple. Comair dragged into bankruptcy with Delta. Comair mgmt said this is your new contract. Pilots said no. Judge said go back and renegotiate more and come to an agreement or I will impose company plan. Agreement not reached. Delta stepped in, bypassed Comair mgmt, reached a "TA", pilots voted, accepted.

Not unlike Eagle and Pinnacle.

Three years later Delta said costs too high we need to shrink you. No option given to vote on anything.

2011, rates and longevity all snap back to prior to bankruptcy rates in accordance with bankruptcy concessionary agreement.

All through 2011-2012 all three Comair unions start negotiating new contracts.

No agreements ever reached, announcement made to shut down Comair in 62 days. No chance to vote on anything.

Over simplified, many details left out, but that is the gist.

Only other vote was for the pay freeze package in fall of 2005. Concessions presented to all unions in exchange for promise of new E170's.

Pilots voted yes by 50% plus 9 (that's not a typo) vote. FA's voted no. E170's went to RAH group.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back