eagle jet international

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
" How much turbo-prop time do you have right now?"

Ummmm what does that have to do with anything? I earned a position with a respectable company who operates turbine aircraft. If I take my time and put in a few years hopefully I will get the chance to fly their Lears. Now, I'm not going to get ahead of myself here and say that I have a job yet, because I don't. I still have to make it through training which I hear is tough. However, I'm confident my CFI skills will help out in training since I have had hands on experience flying aircraft instead of playing with radios and raising gear handles.

Icywings, Icywings2, whoever, you're not going to win. You bought a job, there's no if's and's or but's about it. I spent a year instructing and now I'm going to move on. Point is, if you take the time to do it right, in the end you'll feel much better about yourself. I know I will.

icywings,

you might want to mellow out a little bit. some people have the time and resources to find out who you are and make sure they don't have to share a cockpit with you........ever.

just a thought, but then again I'm just little poor cfi

Last edited:
Look, once again. I have NO PROBLEM with a CFI. I just didn't go that route. I think it is a very respectable way to earn flight time. It was just not for me. So if you can't understand that, I can't explain it anymore to you. If you think there is a problem, it is clearly with you not me.

Jaybird-- You know, this isn't worth the time anymore. You clearly aren't even reading what I write so there is no point in writing what won't be read. Good luck at Airnet!

The funny thing here is I simply tried to help out a person asking about how EJI worked. Then I get attacked by everyone because I didn't go the CFI route.

No one has offered a better way to build flight time then the way I did it, so I guess I made the right decision.

One thing you all HAVE been able to teach me, is to never reply to a thread and try to help someone without expecting to be attacked and now threatened. I thought we were all here trying to obtain the same goal I thought we were all here to help each other. I guess not and don?t think I?ll be back! You win!

Here's MY 2 cents worth:

I started out as a CFI...there wasn't any PFT in those days. Currently I am a B757 Captain/Check Airman and 15+ year ALPA member. Without re-hashing everything that has been said already, go over to the Pft thread....read what de727ups, checkessential and capt_zman have to say. They speak from experience.

And qwerty....get a little experience and seasoning before you start making threats.

Hey guys ,this is getting way out of hand with all these negativity all i asked for was experiences from those who have tried out the program ,should i say 9/11 has made us bitter but hey, we are all trying to get the into the airlines it has gone from where you had a ppl and someone will give you employment and at the same time pay for the rest of your training to where you have to out perform the other candidates ,it is a killing field out there, you are in or out no two ways about it .
Please lets have a constructive discussion ,nobody has the right to shut down the other because they feel other wise .
Icywings ,thanks for the info .
I have a subquestion to the original one if previous experience in a scheduled operation is bad how come those who did it were given employment by airlines .
Thanks for your contribution.

135pilot

No one has offered a better way to build flight time then the way I did it, so I guess I made the right decision.

Icy-
If you calm down for a minute, people are trying to tell you what the better way is to build time and experience. You have indeed made a decision. Other posters are offering a different perspective.

Many pilots with more experience than you and I put together and multiplied many times have been suggesting that the CFI route is a learning experience as much as a teaching experience. It reaches far beyond the ability to fly a flawless pattern in a 152. I didn't realize this until I had given my first 100 hours of dual, and by the time I reached 200 given I was certain I was still learning.

That's the value: the unanticipated insights.

TIMEBUILDER---

See, that is a very objective way to say this. THANK YOU!!!! I don't disagree with you. I am just an older guy and by the time I get my CFI, CFII and MEI, then instruct 500 hours it would be another 2 years. I also had to consider the 9.11 deal. Flight schools were shut down for a LONG time (at least where I live). So, that being said, for me this was the only way to go. If I were younger, no wife, no kids, no mortgage, etc... I would have done it.

I really was done with this thread until the post from Timebuilder.

while I am here ..... if you feel I have taken a job from someone that may be more deserving of it please go to this thread and read what I wrote there.

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=22057#post22057

P-F-T

This is an interesting discussion, actually. Made me think a little more about my experiences and P-F-T.

Read some of my other posts. I could have P-F-T'd ten years ago and gotten in with some commuter. I didn't do it because of pride. I felt that my quals deserved fair consideration. They certainly met or exceeded the published mins for most commuters. I felt that I was as worthy as any other applicant. Notwithstanding the scam potential, my pride would not let me stomach the idea of purchasing a job. Now, perhaps some P-F-T'er got the commuter job I wanted so dearly.

Last edited:
Well I hope no one did. What I do know is that anyone doing what I am, were never in a position to do so. The seat I sit in is not a seat where someone can be hired into regardless of pft.

fast and cheap

"See guys, here is the deal. If you can tell me where a pilot with say 300-700 hours can go to build time cheaper then the way I am doing it and faster then the way I am doing it, please enlighten us all to your wisdom"

There is no cheaper or faster way....you picked the cheap way out. It's also a way that degrades the profession. A way that encourages managment to see pilots as a revenue source instead of the paid professionals we should be. A way that lacks integrity. Cheap is not always the best way....it's not a quality I'm interested in seeing in the pilots I share a cockpit with.

Icywings....pft schemes have been fought, in principal, by ALPA and professional pilots for years. You are very much going against the grain with your approach to career advancement. Like I said before.....if you interview with a major, someday, you'd best not jump up and down about what a great thing it was that you were able to buy all that right seat time in a metro. I'm just hoping you never make it to UPS.....

Latest resources

Back