Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
wanagethi said:
more seats equal more pay, at least everywhere except skywest

Not true. Not saying its right, but its simply not true. Different models of the same a/c have different numbers of seats, but the pay is the same at the majors.

wanagethi said:
more seats equal more pay, at least everywhere except skywest

....or America West/UsAirways
....or Frontier
....or Airtran
....or Alaska
....or Midwest Express
....or Southwest

So, should the pay be the same with a CRJ700 configured with 66 seats (UEX), a CRJ700 with 70 seats (DCI) and a CRJ 900 with 70 seats (DCI)? Do you change the pay on th CRJ 900 when you add the additional 6 seats allowed by Delta in 2007?

Bizjet said:
Most of the instructors think that dual qualification is a safety issue. They don't think the line pilots should be dual qualified. They have no choice working for the Gestapo management that runs the show over there. We own this and it should not be dealt away for some show of good faith. If you want to fly the 70 because it is a blast--bid it and fly it all the time. We have too many low time pilots to have them jumping from one to the other just to make our management happy.

"they have no choice.." sure they do, give their 30 day notice and go back to the line, just like your suggestion for me to bid the 70. It's not that I would want to fly the 70 just because it is a blast, but I don't have a problem with being dual qualified. You are correct about having too many low time pilots for them to be jumping around but the solution to that (which isn't going to happen) is to quit hiring them.

Latest resources

Back