Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Does Continental Still Require In-House Recs?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The job fairs definitely help. In line the CAL guy said I was "in good shape," he handed me his card and said to call him 30 days prior to my availability date. That date slipped due to mil commitment in the desert, but he e-mailed me at my "old" 30-day point.

I think internal rec is required, because he told me to put rec letters in from CAL pilots or mgt in his e-mail.

I would like to know as well if the job fairs are a solid "in" at Continental. It will cost me $1000 to attend the job fair in ATL after dropping a trip and paying for the entry fee. That's a lot of money. I have a couple of internal recs and my sponsor is talking to his CP regularly. If the Air Inc. conference has a good chance of an interview invite, what's $1000 though...a small investment at worst. Talk to us guys! :)

Sthometimes Leon asthks himself not what doesth sthomething cost if you pay for it, but rather...WHAT DOESTH IT COSTHT IF YOU DON'T PAY FOR IT? Stho my friend, although 1,000$US isth a lot of money to usth all...what will it costht you if you don't pay it? Maybe a lostht job opportunity worth a whole lot more than 1,000$US? Sthpoken from a true gamblin' man...now, back to my regularly sthcheduled bottle of courvossier! Cheersth!

Hey Bob,

We'll be hiring like gangbusters until summer, and then it'll pick up again in the fall. Average time from sponsor intervention until they call is around 6-9 months.

Have your Bro go through his logbooks and compare names to the seniority list, there's probably somebody he flew with who is here now.

Shoot me his name via PM, if I flew with him and he wasn't a dirtbag, I'll go to the mat for him.

i guess CAL is the only airline where this happens?

gosh...what a cruel world this is. i had to take a different path in my career than more fortunate people. woah is me...:rolleyes:

Latest word is no slacking off for summer---- full bore! Mostly 73 and 75 classes- apparently enough existing pilots bid 777 FO so no more no hire into that for a while. Good luck all!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back