Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Despite union opposition, Flight Options moved forward...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And KR is playing off of that greed. He is moving faster than the courts and is getting away with his shenanigans for now. Eventually he will box himself in, and only then, will KR be forced to do the right thing.

Nope hotels went down the ********************ter about 12 years ago and have never been back. Welcome to your new QOL.

It's no wonder Options has so many more fatigue calls than Flexjet. I guess it's worth screwing the owners to management. Because the calls are going to go through the roof on our side if this continues. I've even talked with antis who've called fatigued lately...smh...

Well if you force all of the nextant owners out and sell them into the other aircraft in the fleet and also reduce staffing that will happen! All to allow those horrible nextants to be free to move to Europe!

KR is forcing the owners out of the nextant and X. He wants their fractional shares converted to jetcards and to on-demand charter. Then he can understaff those fleets and say that we can't meet the demand in-house so he sells off the trips as charter to slow growth. With the amount of charter that is being sold off, there was no need to furlough a single pilot from Options.

It's no wonder Options has so many more fatigue calls than Flexjet. I guess it's worth screwing the owners to management. Because the calls are going to go through the roof on our side if this continues. I've even talked with antis who've called fatigued lately...smh...

The objective of the fatigue call is safety. It's not right to not give as much notice to the company that you will be unfit for duty after a certain time. Its not about screwing other pilots like some claim(Yes I'm talking about you PD). Its about doing the right thing despite the guilt trip they are going to try and pull on you.
BTW, Ever been to a Baymont? The decor has burn marks on the end tables and the mattresses are so bad, you can feel the metal springs thru the pad as they dig into your flesh.

I actually feel that ksu is not a fo or a flex pilot. He or she was saying that no matter if the Union did work in the best interest of the collective but not in the best of the individual that it was not good form to divide the membership. That is not the way to bring about unity even if there are those who dislike the IBT but still realise that there needs to be a Union.

And I am saying that it doesn't matter if he has a dog in this fight or not, KSU obviously doesn't fully understand the implications of the VSP as originally offered by management. I totally get the emotional and myopic viewpoint of those getting furloughed instead of a VSP, but anyone else should be able to objectively look at all the facts and become "informed" before posting an opinion based on limited information. Until then, maybe he/she should be asking questions instead of giving opinions. The unions job is, and always has been, to look out for what is best for the collective, not necessarily the individual.

Last edited:
I don't know what a VUH is, I'm not with FO. My point is, and always has been, that it isn't the best strategy to put the union in a position to be perceived as against the membership. I'm not saying get rid of the union or be anti-union. I'm saying this was a bad move.

You have no idea what you're talking about and if you're not even employed at Onesky I have no idea why you'd even feel the need to post on this subject but since you have I'll try to feed you some learnin'.

The VSP was shoved down the Union leadership's throats with no warning whatsoever on a Friday afternoon when our leaders thought they were showing up to negotiate fences. The management guys who handed it across the table basically said, "We need an answer on this ASAP!" And when Efrem et al said, "Why the urgency all the sudden?" the answer was basically, "Because," and then management stormed out of the room in a fit of faux-righteous indignation.

The company KNEW ALL ALONG the Union would never accept this because the Union has a fiduciary responsibility to bargain on behalf of its members. And MANAGEMENT CANNOT BARGAIN DIRECTLY WITH WORKERS IN A UNION SHOP! They knew they couldn't, they knew the Union would oppose it, would in fact have no choice but to oppose it.

So why'd they even offer it, you ask? Simple. To sow disaffection among pilots--particularly those pilots who aren't shrewd enough to recognize when they're being played.

I hope that helps give you some context, KSU. In the meantime, I suggest you confine your opinion to subjects you have some freaking clue about.

Last edited:
^^^^ Well Said, Dooker.

This company's management has a history of trying to circumvent the Union and negotiate directly with the pilots. Take for instance the example previously given about pilots moving from the hawker down or the Citation X down. The company told them ok you have to bump down but we will let you keep your pay. They did not go to the Union and negotiate that. At first glance this seems to be a reasonable thing but what it did was first make a side deal then second it created a situation where there were now some senior pilots making less for the same position. The Union asked the company to make it legal by negotiating an loa and by then matching the pay for those more senior pilots. The company refused even though the pay match was only going to be effective for a few months due to those pilots pay raises coming! That one instance sowed huge amounts of discord! That seems to be a very strong recurring theme with this Onesky management!

Latest resources

Back