Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8XSo0etBC4
It's a series of tubes ...
... brought to us by AlGore (Thanks Sandhawk)

This actually just made sense to me. I have heard it for years. He is speaking metaphorically and it is an apt comparison in that there is a limited amount of data that can pass through the system at a limited rate of flow.

It is a parsed, non-contexted edit, but it seems as if he is cautioning against a threat that could swamp the WWW. This is an established hacking technique and one that China and large groups of smelly basement-dwelling, Mtn Dew Code Red swilling ne're do wells perform with with regularity.

I have no great love for T Stevens previous to this post, known partisan admissions aside.

Carry/flame on.

How's that shoe taste, JAFI?

An event happened on a very small scale for a very short time. Because of the nature of the event it was rightly kept quiet. (At least by most). Some people reacted outside of their legal control. They were educated on what they can legally do and not do. Others will get to meet people they never wanted to meet and will wish they never had. Event is over, go back to your normally scheduled program.

Sorry, No foot in mouth for me. An event did happen, There was no broadcast message to inform all, My statements were correct in policy and practice. People went out side their "normal" authorizations to meet the event. We live in troubled and dynamic times.

I always liked CFR 91.3 - "...may deviate... to meet an emergency..."

Latest resources

Back