• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Deny jumpseat to all faa personnel

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"the Internet? I love the Internet, especially Facebook. It has been indispensable for my career..."

Anthony Weiner

Southwest has closed all jumpseats to off airline pilots and in particular the FAA. The sensible inference is that there has been a serious security breach at the FAA. If true, SWA isn't the only affected airline. I would suggest to deny the FAA any cockpit access until more information is made available. If they get upset, too bad. They'll live.

Really?? Will you be the first to follow your own advice and can I be the Inspector that is involved? Please - Please - Please......

I have heard nothing of this and if false, I would "grain of salt" any of beckets posts in the future for this attempt.

Last edited:
They (the FAA) signed off on it Becket, why don't you take it up with them? I think they have a number in OKC somewhere, good luck.

RF

If the "FAA" signed off on this there would be a national directive, memo, e-mail or something... Any body have a copy?? (Or a copy from your airline.)

Until a copy can be produced it is rumor. And it would not come from OKC. Think more like the big white granate building in downtown D.C. across from the Air and Space Musuem or higher.

What? JAFI, do you even fly planes? Talked to an FAA inspector or POI?

Our POI signed off on it (the FAA), and you think it's a hoax....ahh, okay. Why would they need to issue a nationwide directive? You believe in black helicopters if you like, I'm done.

RF

Last edited:
What? JAFI, do you even fly planes? Talked to an FAA inspector or POI?

Our POI signed off on it (the FAA), and you think it's a hoax....ahh, okay. Why would they need to issue a nationwide directive? You believe in black helicopters if you like, I'm done.

RF

OK Red, take a deep breath - sit back, relax and try breathing into a paper bag for a while.

An Inspector or any POI cannot set a National Directive to stop all FAA Inspectors from riding in the jumpseat. They can "Sign OFF" on what ever they want but it is not -Guidance - (read -an Order/Notice/Memo) until it comes from HQ or at least a Regional office. .

Do I fly planes - yes, and ride the jumpseat conducting Enroute Inspections. Do I talk to Inspectors (or a POI)? - yes, some times thirty in one day. I also get all the FAA e-mail and I have not seen or heard anything about this. But we live in a dynamic world. I'll check tomorrow.

Latest resources

Back