• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Demand high for UAL pilot positions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just 1,000 apps isn't exactly a lot after 2 weeks. I'd bet that a quarter of them don't even meet the mins, and another quarter aren't close to being competitive. Everyone that's really serious about wanting to work for UAL has probably already applied by now. The ones that they get from here on out are the stragglers that will just take it while they wait for their preferred airline to call. All in all, doesn't seem like a good showing for United. Not surprising considering the way the Ted division pilots are treated.

Ahhh, the stragglers....those must be the "best of the best" though.

I wonder if the interview has changed at all since the 90's?
Guys with thousands of hours hassled over being 7 hours off in their log book, while others far less experienced got hired.

I wonder if the interview has changed at all since the 90's?
Guys with thousands of hours hassled over being 7 hours off in their log book, while others far less experienced got hired.
Exactly.

I don't need that kind of hassle.

And you guys are right, DAL received over 5,000 qualified applications in the first 2 weeks, 10,000 in 30 days.

UAL isn't going to be able to interview 10 just to get 1 anymore... or they'll start canceling flights for lack of pilots eventually.

Hey,,, wait,,, that sounds a lot like another company that just started taking applications. I think their tails are red. ;)

Lottery?

Getting on with United is like getting a winning lottery ticket.

If by "winning lottery ticket" you really mean "getting hit in head with a shovel" I can see your point! You are such a tool.
You deserve United and they deserve you, so let's hope and pray that you do get hired-you can find out what a shovel across your bone-head would feel like!

-You are a danger to us all-please do not procreate, passing your genetic information on would be a crime against nature!

-Don't Git 'r Done!

People getting on with UAL now will probably have thousand of pilots below them when they merge with CAL. Just like AMR and TWA.

So, I agree that it would be like a winning lottery ticket. And I have already applied.

Heyas,

Even with 1,000 apps, they're doing better than NWA.

They only got 250 applications. If you filter out the non-competitive, that probably leaves like 3 or 4 people.

Nu

If by "winning lottery ticket" you really mean "getting hit in head with a shovel" I can see your point! You are such a tool.
Sign me up for the shovel in the head deal if it means flying one of these to all the exotic locations! Can anybody say Sdyney

http://www.airliners.net/open.file?...FP&photo_nr=4&prev_id=1239812&next_id=1238178

You deserve United and they deserve you, so let's hope and pray that you do get hired-you can find out what a shovel across your bone-head would feel like!

You're right, I deserve a 747-400. Thanks.

Enjoy yourself!

J-Monkey's a wimp.:laugh:

Latest resources

Back