• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Demand high for UAL pilot positions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How many apps did DAL get in the first 24hrs after they opened their doors? I thought it was a lot more than UAL received?

I thought I read somewhere that United expected 3000+ applications in their first week.

Getting on with United is like getting a winning lottery ticket.

Ever read about those lottery winners who get millions, blow it on cars and houses, then end up bankrupt? Sort of the same thing.

http://www.dailyherald.com/business/story.asp?id=336122

I thought none of you guys wanted to work at UAL!

Stillflyn

Just 1,000 apps isn't exactly a lot after 2 weeks. I'd bet that a quarter of them don't even meet the mins, and another quarter aren't close to being competitive. Everyone that's really serious about wanting to work for UAL has probably already applied by now. The ones that they get from here on out are the stragglers that will just take it while they wait for their preferred airline to call. All in all, doesn't seem like a good showing for United. Not surprising considering the way the Ted division pilots are treated.

Just 1,000 apps isn't exactly a lot after 2 weeks. I'd bet that a quarter of them don't even meet the mins......quote]

How can you say that many applicants aren't qualified when they're shaking their butts and batting their eyes?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back