• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta TA Passes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Got it. You want the most amount of money for doing as little as possible.

Well, yes. I know that bothers you and waveflyer, way up there on your ivory tower, but that's exactly what pilots typically negotiate for. You know, until bankruptcy when everyone else had to fall back down to your level.

Well, yes. I know that bothers you and waveflyer, way up there on your ivory tower, but that's exactly what pilots typically negotiate for. You know, until bankruptcy when everyone else had to fall back down to your level.

Silly me. You know, personal responsibility, working hard for more money and to better myself... what used to be called "the American way" (and I don't mean the airline). Now, of course, we have "the entitlement way," which you seem to be championing. Do as little as possible, wring the most amount of money out of your company until it goes belly up, then rinse and repeat.

It seems that if you spent as much time working the job as you do bitching about how much you're NOT getting, you'd probably be getting what you want. But I suppose it's easier your way. You know, if you went over to France, you could get a job, and get 20 paid holidays and 60 vacation days per year, and the best part of all is, that you wouldn't actually have to do a damn thing, and they can't fire you ever unless you're caught commiting a felony. But you better hurry, because they're rapidly running out of other people's money to fund all that... you wouldn't want to miss out. I just wanted to say good luck, and that we're all counting on you, PCL!

Bubba

Hey, if they get an industry-standard B-Fund, then I'll cheer SWAPA along. I don't care what the union is called, as long as that union is engaged in pattern bargaining to improve the profession. I just haven't seen any evidence that SWAPA is even thinking about a B-Fund. From reading your Reporting Points newsletter, it doesn't even seem to be considered.

I think I just realized what your problem is, PCL--you've got your ALPA blinders on. You can't possibly think about any way to run a union and company other than the way ALPA has done it for time infinitem. Talk about complaining about something you don't understand. Open your eyes, man!

Bubba

Don't forget, "no retirement."
And no type, no need apply....AKA "pay for training."

Dear Delta PFT Troll, aka Scoot,

I have news for you--you paid for training a hell of a lot more than any Southwest pilot ever did. Looking at Delta's careers website, I see they requre you to pay for your own four year degree before you can even apply at Delta. SWA doesn't require that. As YOU say, "no [4-year degree], no need apply...AKA 'pay for training'." That seems to make your company the friggin' King of PFT. I guarantee you that you paid at least ten times more than any Southwest pilot did to be "trained" up to your company's minimum standards. Quit setting a bad example for the rest of us, will you?

Plus I see you're required to buy a passport AND an FAA radiotelephone operator's permit on your own dime before you can apply! Southwest doesn't require that; the company pays for those things. Geez, man, enough! You're dragging the rest of us down.

By the way, thanks for your concern, but I have a great retirement; in fact, I bet I end up better than you do. I'm sure you have at least one or two more furloughs left in your illustrious legacy career--that'll probably hurt.

Bubba

Delta, thank you for ruining the job with your scope (or lack of it?) clause and giving away flying to a bunch of "large regional jets". Well done

Delta, thank you for ruining the job with your scope (or lack of it?) clause and giving away flying to a bunch of "large regional jets". Well done

Its taken a LOT of practice, but the quality of his trolling is slowly getting better...

Says the 25 year f/o making less than a Republic f/o!

Your argument is basically "we can make more money because we work more."

Sorry, but I don't consider that a victory.

One of the biggest problems with this country right there. You, just like millions of welfare lifers out there want to get money for nothing. If you're so married to this idea of an Airline Pilot valhalla, your career path surely did not warrant it. You are probably the most hypocritical pilot on this board, and I have no confidence in anything you say. If you really were a man of such conviction, you wouldn't even be involved in this acquisition.

Do as little as possible, wring the most amount of money out of your company until it goes belly up, then rinse and repeat.

You obviously don't pay any attention to my posts. I'm the guy always getting berated by the hard-liners because I take too reasonable of a stance on contract negotiations. The idea of wringing everything out of a company to the breaking point is not my style. No, I don't expect "something for nothing." But what I do expect is to not have to work harder than a Delta pilot to make the same amount of money. That's not industry-leading, bubba.

Well, get used to hearing it. That's what happens when you take the first offer with strings attached to it. Do you think your management just wanted to give you guys a raise out of the kindness of their hearts? 50 seaters would have taken care of themselves. You just ushered in a huge fleet of 90 seaters without a fight! Next time the economy tanks, terrorist attack, insert bad situation here, ect., just watch how great your ratios and protections help you then.

Here is the part you don't understand. (Probably because you haven't read the agreement)

The increase in 76-seaters (which you refer to as 90-seaters, again because you probably haven't read a thing) is directly tied to the amount of mainline growth. In other words, the ratio is 1.25 B717's to every 76 seat jet. If they want to park, or defer some of the B717's then they don't get the 76-seaters (90-seater to you)

Everyone pining about "taking the first offer." What is the alternative? Are we to go down the same road that all our peers are going? Stall, be militant, basically not taking part in the business plan of the company? Look at where that has gotten them?

We are on a trajectory to increase the QOL life for all Delta pilots right now. Again, where is the rest of the pack excluding SWA, FedEx and UPS? We are getting closer to SWA, FedEx and UPS in total compensation.

I get what you are saying about terrorist events, wars, etc. If the company needs to look at ways out of our agreement, it will need to be looked at and changes will be negotiated. The burn it down days are over.

Latest resources

Back