Delta TA Passes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Genital,

Actually, I'm glad you asked. I'm knocking it out of the park this summer. The savings account is filling up nicely...thanks for asking. And at pay rates you guys still hope to get.

Scoot,

Same thing. Thanks for asking. I've been off reserve for over three years and I just got another 15/hr pay raise. I'm glad the AAI guys are coming over with possiblity of making even MORE profit sharing for all of us. You see, we have no cap on that. If it comes in at 10%, 15%, whatever. And that's on top of 9.3% company match. It's June 29th and I've already maxed out my portion of 17k.

How are you doing?

I have to completely agree with ATLplt here, we together will be better off now that the 717 and the engine problems are headed over to DL. Good luck with that. Welcome aboard ATLplt.

Why would I be bitter? I doing pretty well (see above) Just glad I don't have to wait for takeoff behind a long line of RJs that someone else flies for us. Thank God. That would drive me crazy.

No flame or adding to your guys childish argument but we were told at the DALPA contract roadshows that SWA hasn't received any raises for quite a few years and wont receive any this or next year. They showed a 10 year SWA pay raise graph and it was very flat due to their raises being tied into profit margin. If the margin isn't there then the raises don't happen. Your 15% raise would contradict what we were told. Just curious if we were fed bologna or not at the road show.

It just cracks me up to listen to Genital Lee's tripe about how it was ok to cave on scope this time. After all his rhetoric about standing firm on scope he sold out quicker than a Thai hooker.

I voted no but it wasn't because of scope. If you think that scope was sold out on this contract you don't understand it. Section 1 isn't just about RJ's. It's very complex at Delta. Overall I can live with what ended up section 1 in the new PWA. I was a no vote because I think a little meat was left off the bone and sending it back would have resulted in a quick fix and a few more gains. Life will go on and I can live with it nontheless.

No flame or adding to your guys childish argument but we were told at the DALPA contract roadshows that SWA hasn't received any raises for quite a few years and wont receive any this or next year. They showed a 10 year SWA pay raise graph and it was very flat due to their raises being tied into profit margin. If the margin isn't there then the raises don't happen. Your 15% raise would contradict what we were told. Just curious if we were fed bologna or not at the road show.

Redflyer is probably alluding to a raise from his longevity increasing. The raises have indeed been pretty small (~2% most years, some years none) here over the last several years.

What were DALPA's numbers for our pay? If you were not told that the average 12th-yr topped-out SWA captain (that would be me, and I'm pretty lazy) makes around $225,000/year and works about 13 days a month to get it, then you were mislead. I get the impression that the focus was more on rates, instead of pay. Our trips are pretty efficient and there are few limitations on how productive you can choose to be (extra flying abounds), so rates really don't tell the whole story.

Last edited:
I'm tired of guys like you quipping in from the sidelines. When you raise the bar on your own maybe then you can chime in about pilots at another airline. If we did it your way, we would still be embroiled in contract negotiations, not to mention a bloody SLI negotiation. Again, when you fix all that, come on back and chime in.

Well, get used to hearing it. That's what happens when you take the first offer with strings attached to it. Do you think your management just wanted to give you guys a raise out of the kindness of their hearts? 50 seaters would have taken care of themselves. You just ushered in a huge fleet of 90 seaters without a fight! Next time the economy tanks, terrorist attack, insert bad situation here, ect., just watch how great your ratios and protections help you then.

Well, get used to hearing it. That's what happens when you take the first offer with strings attached to it. Do you think your management just wanted to give you guys a raise out of the kindness of their hearts? 50 seaters would have taken care of themselves. You just ushered in a huge fleet of 90 seaters without a fight! Next time the economy tanks, terrorist attack, insert bad situation here, ect., just watch how great your ratios and protections help you then.

50 seaters wouldn't have taken care of themselves anytime soon. Delta was under contract and on the hook for the 50 seaters for another 6-10 years. We didn't give up 90 seaters. The contract gets rid of 50 seaters sooner rather than later. You clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

Oh, sorry 76* seaters for now...

*90 seat airframes with 76 seats...

Do you think these large RJs will be gone in 6-10 years? No? Didn't think so.

Keep cherry picking your rant. You have no idea what you're talking about. I'm not bashing CAL, but you went to work for one of the worst paying and worst work rule airlines out there so you really don't have any credibility as far as I'm concerned bashing others. Enjoy that stellar contract and work rules that you have.

We will enjoy our sh!t contract longer now, all previous offers yanked and going through re-evaluation by United mgmnt. Good move on Delta mgmnt part to get something done before United pilots set the bar too high. I'm sure United's mgmnt will be sending their Delta counterparts big Christmas baskets at the end of the year.
What could have been is all speculation, and maybe it wasn't all that great, regardless it doesn't sound like mgmnt wants this postDeltaTA redo to make it better.
Hope everyone at United has voted to strike, maybe we can get this thing done in the next 3 years.

The maximum number of 76 seat aircraft was reduced from 255 to 223.

The maximum number of 70 seat aircraft was reduced from unlimited to 102. (pesky large turboprop exemption eliminated)

The maximum number of 50 seat aircraft was reduced from unlimited to 125

The total number of fee for departure aircraft was reduced from approx. 600 to a hard cap of 450.

Mainline block hour ratios ensure a greater share of block hours within the Delta brand are flown by Delta pilots.

Furlough protection was improved, as was code-sharing and joint venture protections.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back