• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta reduction

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I skimmed it and read 3% Delta reduction, mostly international, and a deal for 70 more 76 seaters. I must have missed something. Oh well.

Thanks Candy Crowly from CNN! Genius!

Bye Bye---General Lee

And If Obama wins expect more. They are waiting to see what happens. No new hires for awhile if moron wins again.

Remember in 2006 when Bush's DOT tried to allow foreign airlines to control U.S. Airlines and congress had to block the DOT http://www.unitedafa.org/assets/pop/print.aspx?id=4314

As soon as someone like Emirates buys someone like Delta, you can forget about a U.S. legacy airline job. Legacies will become feeders to large foreign owned international airlines flown by the lowest paid non-union pilots they can find. If we are lucky they might let us apply for a job after they are done giving first preference to pilots from their own country. When the DOT lets those foreign airlines fly within the United States (the stated goal of the EU), then you might as well give up on being a pilot based in the United States. All pilots will be based in the countries with the worst labor laws.

Last month the European Union began another fight to get us to change our airline ownership rules.

Well, people can still apply to work at the refinery I guess.

Are you going for the lav dumping position in Minot?

Bye Bye---General Lee

Remember in 2006 when Bush's DOT tried to allow foreign airlines to control U.S. Airlines and congress had to block the DOT http://www.unitedafa.org/assets/pop/print.aspx?id=4314

As soon as someone like Emirates buys someone like Delta, you can forget about a U.S. legacy airline job. Legacies will become feeders to large foreign owned international airlines flown by the lowest paid non-union pilots they can find. If we are lucky they might let us apply for a job after they are done giving first preference to pilots from their own country. When the DOT lets those foreign airlines fly within the United States (the stated goal of the EU), then you might as well give up on being a pilot based in the United States. All pilots will be based in the countries with the worst labor laws.

Last month the European Union began another fight to get us to change our airline ownership rules.

Quit smoking the pipe. Ownership rules here in the States are influenced by Congress, who are influenced by votes in their districts. If an area could lose jobs due to a foreign buy, it would be trounced on by those local Congressmen and Senators. Very unlikely.

And, each union contract has ownership rules. This last DL contract had a provision for the company to oppose foreign ownership.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
If an area could lose jobs due to a foreign buy, it would be trounced on by those local Congressmen and Senators. Very unlikely.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I hope you are correct but ALPA seems to be very concerned about it. ALPA fought a large battle on the issue in 2006 but now the European Union is fighting back again.

Here is the timeline for the 2006 battle: https://crewroom.alpa.org/DesktopMo...View.aspx?itemid=4505&ModuleId=1316&Tabid=256

What will the timeline look like for the 2013 battle? Will it depend on who is elected President?

I hope you are correct but ALPA seems to be very concerned about it. ALPA fought a large battle on the issue in 2006 but now the European Union is fighting back again.

Here is the timeline for the 2006 battle: https://crewroom.alpa.org/DesktopMo...View.aspx?itemid=4505&ModuleId=1316&Tabid=256

What will the timeline look like for the 2013 battle? Will it depend on who is elected President?

I doubt it. Local Congressmen and Senators can always get involved. The 3 big legacies aren't as cash strapped (even AA/US) as they used to be. I do think it is good to be aware of this potential, and Moak is bringing it up for a reason. Europe is hurting financially, and maybe that is why they are investigating this. Several European airlines have gone away in the last year or two, like Malev in Hungary and Spanair in Spain. They are hurting. Not so much here overall.

Bye Bye---General Lee

And If Obama wins expect more. They are waiting to see what happens. No new hires for awhile if moron wins again.

So exactly how many major airline jobs were created during the Bush era again? Not nearly as many as there were lost! Careful how you speak....

If you are going to try and pin pilot jobs to Obama then at least get your facts straight. Under this "moron" we have had more growth in the major airline biz than in the previous 8 years combined.

Pilot jobs and salary growth did just fine under 8 years of Clinton.

In fact, I was furloughed during Bush's first term and my airline told me it was due to the fact that they thought Bush was going to invade Iraq which would cause the economy to slow down. Management was doing preemptive job cuts.

Latest resources

Back