• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta reduction

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And If Obama wins expect more. They are waiting to see what happens. No new hires for awhile if moron wins again.

Good grief. You're turning this into a political thread? Really?

I can't hired by Delta -- and it's all Obama's fault.:bawling:

Things are looking up here. Way up. New hires will be on the property next year. Debt is being paid down, and the 717's are net growth aircraft. Look for a widebody order next year.

Turn off the right-wing radio.

Last edited:
I skimmed it and read 3% Delta reduction, mostly international, and a deal for 70 more 76 seaters. I must have missed something. Oh well.

You did:

"The capacity cut will be in a range of 1 percent to 3 percent..."

"The biggest piece of the savings plan comes from getting rid of aging aircraft on U.S. routes and replacing 50-seat jets with larger models, Jacobson said. Trading out the small planes for used Boeing Co. 717s being bought from Southwest Airlines Co. and new Boeing 737-900ERs will reduce operating costs and put higher-fare business-class seats on more of Delta’s fleet."

Hmmmm, shrinking mainline and growing regionals? Whoda thunk?

Say what? Take away 200+ 50 seaters, add 70 76 seaters on the regional side. Add 88 717s and 25 MD90s, and dump 17 DC9s for mainline. Sub 100 new 739ERs for an equal amount of older 757s, A320s, and some domestic 767-300s. So, minus 17 DC9s for mainline, and minus 148 total RJs for DCI. You are wrong.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back