• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Q's from a furlough bypass guy...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Gold HRA Plan for family of 4: $114.50 per paycheck, withheld on a pre-tax basis. 100% for preventative, 80/20 for everything else. $1000 individual deductible, $3000 family. HRA (Delta's money not yours) pays the first $1500 dollars of your responsibility per year, whatever it may be (deductibles, 20% coinsurance, etc)

Last edited:
Because that is a balance sheet transaction, no a P/L item....

The 4 periods tells me u think ur right so assuming you are, thanks. Us regional folks dont receive training on things like balance sheet transactions and weather radar. Hope u understand.

short call is no fun on the ER. They've been doing this 0330-0330 one, which means 2 nights in the crashpad if you're a commuter.

The 4 periods tells me u think ur right so assuming you are, thanks. Us regional folks dont receive training on things like balance sheet transactions and weather radar. Hope u understand.

NO problem. Not trying to be a smart guy, I was explained the same thing. It's basically like you have a savings account full of money, and spend some money on a car. Now your net worth should be the same, just less cash and added a car for value. The purchase of the car does not effect your monthly paycheck (P/L), only what you have had in savings (balance sheet).

Hope this helps. Luckly about the weather radar; I've sat and watched that infamous black & white video from the early 80's too many times and still don't pick up all the info :)

I flew with a JB CA last week, mulling over the same stuff. He said there are between 60-80 JB CA's that have DL call back rights and will have to make a decision in the next 6-12 months of the TA passes.
He had a full blown spread sheet with all kinds of info on both company's (including a lot of assumptions of course) that was kind of interesting. He had 14 yrs left and and it showed he'd retiring with about the same total pay if he stayed or went to DL but retirement would be almost doubled (again assuming a snapshot of today) if he went back.
He lives in a DL base but by the sounds of it he was still about 50/50 on what to do. I, like any good blood sucking FO should be, tried to show him how good things would be at the big D ?

I'm one of those JB Ca's and for me with only 10 years to go the spread sheet says stay put. Any younger and I'd be jumping. Also once you make the decision to stay you start recieving some of the Pension Guarantee trust money. For me its just beer money at around $200/month. Live in a JB base, and probably won't be working to the end so it all adds up to staying put and hoping things don't get worse.
And maybe if 3A pays big I can quit right then!!!!

I think that is a horrible decision banger and should without a doubt go back to Mother D.

the Pension Guarantee trust money

???? pray tell. I know nothing about this. At NWA we got a payout when the DB pension was cancelled, but that was from the company. Does the pbgc pay out as well? Is this a dal thing or does everyone get it????

tail

Well I was DAL not NW but when they disolved our pension under banckruptcy we got a cash payout and also a PBGC account which pays an annuity based on something (years of service? money made?) not really sure but mine as I mentioned only ended up being like $200/month and I was at DAL only 9 months total so I'm not complaining. If you google it you can find the PBGC website and you can search to see if there is maybe something for you. Good luck!

Latest resources

Back