• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Q's from a furlough bypass guy...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
???? pray tell. I know nothing about this. At NWA we got a payout when the DB pension was cancelled, but that was from the company. Does the pbgc pay out as well? Is this a dal thing or does everyone get it????

tail
Um....No. That's some slim understanding you have there of the NWA pension.

First, it was not cancelled, it was frozen. The plan still exists but former NWA pilots have not been accruing any additional benefits since it was frozen years ago. PBGC has nothing to do with it since the plan was not terminated, as the DAL pension was. One difference its that the DAL pilot can get his PBGC payments when he turns 60, even if he keeps flying for DAL. The NWA pilot cannot start drawing his frozen pension until he actually retires. Anyway, it's all DC plan going forward now.

Um....No. That's some slim understanding you have there of the NWA pension.

Thanks slim... I was furloughed at the time. Didn't get the memo. I did get a cash settlement due to your pension being frozen, but mine was terminated. As far as I was "notified", I get nothing. So thanks for being so understanding about my lack of knowledge regarding the frozen pension that I got absolutely NO information from NWA or the PBGC about. My wife is in the PBGC from UAL, so I do understand how the pbgc works, just was surprised by the nice DAL guy who pointed it out and asked a question to get more info. Nice flame homie... thanks for the info slim. I'll be more informed next time we meet.

Tail

Last edited:
Al........................................................................................Cooter.........
Progress... everywhere... digging... digging... digging!!!!!

Thanks slim... I was furloughed at the time. Didn't get the memo. I did get a cash settlement due to your pension being frozen, but mine was terminated. As far as I was "notified", I get nothing. So thanks for being so understanding about my lack of knowledge regarding the frozen pension that I got absolutely NO information from NWA or the PBGC about. My wife is in the PBGC from UAL, so I do understand how the pbgc works, just was surprised by the nice DAL guy who pointed it out and asked a question to get more info. Nice flame homie... thanks for the info slim. I'll be more informed next time we meet.

Tail
Seriously?

Relax Francis....you still don't get it. Why do you think you would have received any info from the PBGC? The NWA pilot pension plan was NOT terminated, it was frozen. Yours too, furloughed or not. The PBGC does not get involved unless the pension plan is distress terminated. Yours was not terminated. You could look that up even as a furloughed guy. or, gasp...pick up the phone and call ALPA. It was big news at the time in '06...even here on FI.

Oh, and your welcome for the very specific info I provided in post #11 in response to your original question.

Cheers "homie"

Oh, and your welcome for the very specific info I provided in post #11 in response to your original question.

That's why I don't post here anymore. I was looking for info and got pounced by a dik who was angry that I didn't have the same info that he, the "lama" did....

I'll continue to look for total consciousness sir... thanks for the jaded info. As for you... stop visiting the jerk store. It may help you land and influence people better...

Cheers "slim"...

Seems like the attitude of this thread is pretty telling. New guy hired, just like anyone else who happens to fly a widebody now. 9/11, economy, furloughs- furloughs always happen, most have had to deal-
The difference- this group took the job they used to fly when they were hired, the one today's junior guy got hired to fly, and signed off on outsourcing that job. Now furloughed pilots have no vote- no say in what their company becomes. Then just pile on age 65 for the hell of it. What's another 5 years, when it's not you?

And look at the resentment the mainline guy has for the furloughed pilot. The lack of respect. Pretty standard. They don't want to think about what they did to their junior- so they get to an emotional point where the junior guy deserved it and should stop whining-

At least now that economic factors are working towards ending outsourcing you're about to vote for larger, more efficient airplanes to be gone, that way your undeserving junior (who are no different from you, btw. seriously, think about that- YOU at mainline have zero accomplishments that the furloughed guy doesn't as well. You just weren't sold out as bad by your senior) will still be jobless and have that barrier.

More domestic outsourcing= less pilots on the property with a vote who care about domestic.

Seriously?

Relax Francis....you still don't get it. Why do you think you would have received any info from the PBGC? The NWA pilot pension plan was NOT terminated, it was frozen. Yours too, furloughed or not. The PBGC does not get involved unless the pension plan is distress terminated. Yours was not terminated. You could look that up even as a furloughed guy. or, gasp...pick up the phone and call ALPA. It was big news at the time in '06...even here on FI.

Cheers "homie"

Your response was still pompous and not necessary. You could have gotten the same information across without the small man mentality, but then where would be the fun in that?

Latest resources

Back