• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta offers furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Unfortunately (for them) tanker toad already works at Swa. He likes to bash Song (never gets old) and yank people's chains behind his little perceived cover.

That came up awhile ago and if it's true the poor guy certainly has issues.
I think it's safe to say at some point in his career he got turned down by Delta.

kidding, right? You ever read OY6 or the General's posts?

Kidding right? You ever read the dozen or so SWA folks on here that continually go on about how wonderful they are and how and how all other airlines suck? How about how ALPA sucks and SWAPA is the answer or how code sharing with RJ's to feed mainline is a crime but farming out an expansion to Mexico with Volaris 737's is OK. How SWA pilots, who for years and years worked for much lower pay and benefits than the industry standard and after a few years of getting their pay up start harping like they are the answer,...... how it's wrong for some guy who paid for RJ training to advance his career but it's OK to buy a 737 type to get a job?.... how they want to merge with an airline and enjoy all that it brings to the table but thinks it's pilots should play some kind of subservient role and be just be happy they are now SWA pilots???

Now that said, I'M NOT BASHING YOU GUYS, the simple fact is everything goes in cycles. You are doing very well, certainly no were near as well as DAL was in it's heyday, but good nevertheless. That will change, for both airlines. Not if, but when. We all live glass houses.

Last edited:
Is it true that the Delta new hires have to pay for their own hotel while in training; assuming they don't get kicked out of the pool prior to a class date?
During sim training. They cover it for indoc, and then guys have to cover it on their own. Most guys just get a crash pad behing Virginia Avenue. Nothing like buying a type for a job though.

Kidding right? You ever read the dozen or so SWA folks on here that continually go on about how wonderful they are and how and how all other airlines suck? How about how ALPA sucks and SWAPA is the answer or how code sharing with RJ's to feed mainline is a crime but farming out an expansion to Mexico with Volaris 737's is OK. How SWA pilots, who for years and years worked for much lower pay and benefits than the industry standard and after a few years of getting their pay up start harping like they are the answer,...... how it's wrong for some guy who paid for RJ training to advance his career but it's OK to buy a 737 type to get a job?.... how they want to merge with an airline and enjoy all that it brings to the table but thinks it's pilots should play some kind of subservient role and be just be happy they are now SWA pilots???

Now that said, I'M NOT BASHING YOU GUYS, the simple fact is everything goes in cycles. You are doing very well, certainly no were near as well as DAL was
in it's heyday, but good nevertheless. That will change, for both airlines. Not if, but when. We all live glass houses.

So true Dan, so true.

OYS

Not really JonJon. Just pointing out yet another huge difference between how Delta is run differently than SW. If you can't see that, then you might need to read more First Quarter results.

RF

Did SWA have problems due to the Japan earthquake too like DL did in Q1? Don't worry, they never will, they will probably let Volaris fly future Japan routes for them.....

OYS

Did SWA have problems due to the Japan earthquake too like DL did in Q1? Don't worry, they never will, they will probably let Volaris fly future Japan routes for them.....

OYS

How is this ^^^ NOT aimed at swa as a whole and all Wn pilots? Do just the arrogant pilots decide where we fly to?

So sorry OYS- you're just a broadstroke hater against all of SWA... That's pretty clear-- and the best compliment you can give.

Just like Northwest did from 1926-1989. Things can change. Wall street decides it needs a more hard line mgmt. team and the culture/stability changes overnite.

[/COLOR]

That's a truth we're all too aware of. But before you all go high-fiving each other- doesn't this example say we've got another 23 years before we ought to be concerned??
At least have some evidence in hand that our mgmt style is being pressured to change before you line up the digs.

My entire career has been filled with guys who confidently assure me (and them) that SOUTHWEST's run is up. Done. Over.

Glad I stopped listening ad did my own research.

I've said it before- but the hating is IRRATIONAL. Most pilots can't stop complaining about their mgmt, the ridiculous compensation, incompetence, and raping of airline workers has been crazy -
But then, what's the response to SWA who is competent, and doesn't rape, and doesn't overpay execs---> WN haters.

I honestly don't get it- and before you blame the pilots who defend Swa- don't you wish you worked at a place you'd WANT to defend?

OYS

Pretty weak arguement OYS. Let me ask you this...

Would you rather be working for a carrier like Delta that ALREADY does long-range international, or...

a carrier like Southwest who doesn't YET do any (and if you think that will stay the same you have your head in the sand). Do you understand the growth potential in option number 2?

Keep doubting SW for another 40 years, please.

RF

Latest resources

Back