• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta offers furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That is not really correct. They offered early outs (not really furloughs, early retirements) for every other employee group except the pilots initially, because pilot staffing was fine. But, Dalpa came in and wanted the early out offers to be extended to pilots (like senior ex-NWA pilots who already have their pensions), and Delta agreed. So, they eventually offered it to everyone. That could mean some nice movement if some widebody Captains decide to bail. Over 2000 are older than 60 apparently. Now if you want to talk about future stagnation, let's look at your scheduled retirements.

OYS

Whats the matter can't stand to hear some negative news about Delta! You guys talk trash about SWA at least twice a day grow a pair will you!
]
P.S. I will gladly look at our scheduled retirements if we can compare paychecks as well'

More proof the hiring boom is HOGWASH. Take the money. You sold out your children's futures here' a chance to re-provide their opportunities.

Whats the matter can't stand to hear some negative news about Delta! You guys talk trash about SWA at least twice a day grow a pair will you!
]
P.S. I will gladly look at our scheduled retirements if we can compare paychecks as well'

Good point.

Good point.

What exactly is the good point? The General and I don't talk trash about SWA twice a day, he and I talk trash about some of their cocky pilots. You know, the ones that believe that since they are paid more than most to fly smaller planes to plenty of po-dunk Texas towns, they should at the same time put down their future brothers and sisters at Airtran and try to make them believe that they should be kissing SWAPA's boots for the pay raise that GK will actually give them, and not SWAPA. Now THAT'S a good point. And your paycheck is great, but not unattainable at other airlines. Negotiations for future contracts are coming up for many of us.

OYS

More proof the hiring boom is HOGWASH.

So, you're thinking age 75 will happen? Most legacies have thousands of pilots nearing age 65, with many over 60 now. UAL never had a huge retirement boom, along with CAL, AA, NWA, and US. Only Delta had 1500 or so leave, but now combined with NWA they will have more too. Southwest, OTOH, has about 150 a year scheduled, and is merging with much younger Airtran. Eventually it will happen.

OYS

What exactly is the good point? The General and I don't talk trash about SWA twice a day, he and I talk trash about some of their cocky pilots. You know, the ones that believe that since they are paid more than most to fly smaller planes to plenty of po-dunk Texas towns, they should at the same time put down their future brothers and sisters at Airtran and try to make them believe that they should be kissing SWAPA's boots for the pay raise that GK will actually give them, and not SWAPA. Now THAT'S a good point. And your paycheck is great, but not unattainable at other airlines. Negotiations for future contracts are coming up for many of us.

OYS

Good flamebait, but it doesn't change reality. Our payrates are a little easier to sustain when the company owns more than 80% of the airframes (plus all the other equipment). You see, it's a different way to run an airline, hence 40yrs of profits. Not leasing everything in sight. There is nothing cocky about stating the facts.

Paying cash for airplanes, kinda goes against the grain.

Just like Northwest did from 1926-1989. Things can change. Wall street decides it needs a more hard line mgmt. team and the culture/stability changes overnite.

Good flamebait, but it doesn't change reality. Our payrates are a little easier to sustain when the company owns more than 80% of the airframes (plus all the other equipment). You see, it's a different way to run an airline, hence 40yrs of profits. Not leasing everything in sight. There is nothing cocky about stating the facts.

Paying cash for airplanes, kinda goes against the grain.

Just like Northwest did from 1926-1989. Things can change. Wall street decides it needs a more hard line mgmt. team and the culture/stability changes overnite.

[/COLOR]
RedD-OUCHE, P-OWNED.........

[/COLOR]

Very true. I remember when Aloha was in the same position. They owned all their A/C (back in the 80"s) so a corporate raider came along and tried to buy them and sell off the paid for A/C. That is when they went from being a publicly owned company to be taken private to prevent it from happening. I believe Carl Ichan was able to suck the life out of TWA by mortgaging the A/C they owned.
The other problem with owning your A/C is when they are older, they become a major liability. Nobody wants them and you are stuck with them while the competition gets new A/C.

Latest resources

Back