Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta handling of ASA flights in ATL not going good!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Some things never change. Been this way at ASA for years, thru G&J ownership, Delta ownership, and now Skywest Inc ownership. BTW, it's the same rampers out there, just wearing Delta uniforms now.

Yes, I'm baaackkkkkkkkk!

They're clueless. They don't know our hand signals. They don't know our parking procedures. I got screamed at by a "Delta Ramp Manager" because I refused to move the airplane until the marshaller moved his hands to wave me in. apparently, Delta's procedure is to hold the wands straight up and the pilot just drives in on the line. That's great when you park straight in, doesn't work so well when the asinine crooked lines force you to make a 90 degree turn at the road!

Also, there was MOUNTAIN of lost bags in the bag room on C, and also at the transfer point on D last night. Apparently, all weekend, the new rampers were sending bags to a station on ANY flight, not necessarily the flight the passengers were on. All weekend, about half my passengers arrived without their bags. One flight, I had 63 people, but only 25 bags.

It seems the "system" is about to implode. I don't know how Delta thought they could put people who have never worked an RJ or ATR, much less 4 airplanes per gate on a ramp with no extra training, but it's been a mess.

The sad reality is, the passengers don't know Delta took over. They rode on ASA and will still report to the DOT that "ASA lost their bags". We still look bad in the end, just now, we have no control over it. Kind of like Orenstien's issues with UAL.

Great solution, Delta and ASA!

We were hoping for a great improvement in ground operations in ATL since Delta took over on June 1, but sorry to say, since then things have gone rapidly downhill! Could not even turn my flight today in 1 hour 45 minutes, and lost a full cart of bags to boot!

I guess ASA bag performance numbers will rapidly improve now though, since ASA is not responsible for losing them in ATL anymore.

Thanks management for another brilliant decision. Just when things were starting to go the right way too!

It's better than what it was, with the prison furlough release program you had going over there. And your gate agents were terrible too. I remember walking through there on a 4 hour sit a few years ago and seeing a passenger actually choking a gate agent. I would have run over there to help, but I decided to read a left over paper on a chair. Hopefully our people will clean up your mess, but it may take some time.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I remember walking through there on a 4 hour sit a few years ago and seeing a passenger actually choking a gate agent. I would have run over there to help...

Bye Bye--General Lee

Just to clarify...when you say "help", do you mean help choke the agent or break it up? I only ask because I could easily see either response as being correct.

It's better than what it was, with the prison furlough release program you had going over there. And your gate agents were terrible too. I remember walking through there on a 4 hour sit a few years ago and seeing a passenger actually choking a gate agent. I would have run over there to help, but I decided to read a left over paper on a chair. Hopefully our people will clean up your mess, but it may take some time.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General, I hate to break it to you, but only the "worst offenders" didn't get picked up by Delta. From what I've seen over the past week, most of our gate agents, and about half the rampers are still here, but they're wearing Delta uniforms now. And judging by the commotion at the gates this weekend, they are still giving the same customer service they used to under ASA. I heard some gate announcements that would make you want to hide your ID badge.

Glad they work for y'all and not us now, lol :laugh:

Just whatever you do, don't call dispatch/OCC for help, they don't have any red buttons to push, and they are ASA employees. ASA people can't tell Delta people what to do. Hahah, Sorry.

Last edited:
And your gate agents were terrible too. I remember walking through there on a 4 hour sit a few years ago and seeing a passenger actually choking a gate agent. I would have run over there to help, but I decided to read a left over paper on a chair.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Just so you know, those "Agents" with gold badges are Agents of the US Government and if you shove those guys you get put in the same place with Paris Hilton. No Bently, no Poodle & worst of all, No Flight Info!

Bye Bye--General Lee
General,
I have rarely if ever responded to one of your post. I find most of them thought out and worthy of attention.
This response is absolute bull$hit. Have you even been to C in the past 10 days? Things are in no way any different than they were prior to "all mighty Delta" coming in to save the day! I waited for an 1hr25 last night to get parked......
Please continue to post but atleast have a clue what you are talking about before you do.

Things were better the last couple months because the ASA folks didn't want to screw up their chance at DAL. Now that they're there they don't do anything. It's worse than it was before. They are above supporting lowly ole ASA. Funny, DAL didn't think the ramp needed to be fixed until they sold ASA. Then they bought the ramp back and are going to find it more difficult than they thought.

Be sure to tactfully include who provides the ramp service in your apologetic PAs.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back