• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta boosts CEO pay 42%

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Uhhhh, I think you are wrong. I haven't seen it this high in a long while. It certainly wasn't this high when he came over.

Bye Bye---General Lee

He took over as CEO on Sept 1st 2007. Delta stock was at $16.88/share on 8/31/07.

Shareholders have seen a 3% increase in value over his tenure.

Last edited:
Like what the General says-he has brought a lot to the table when it comes to how he has managed the company. Just look at what is happening with the refinery-that will continue to make a lot of money for Delta and....

by spending 70 million in funding Pinnacles bankruptcy (some think it was an orchestrated bankruptcy) Delta will make a minimum of 70 million in pilot pay costs in a very short time at the rates Pinnacle pilots are paid. That on top of the profit Pinnacle was already making in bankruptcy it will be a great investment.

The best part is he sounds just like Forrest Gump when he talks...

Probably due to the inbreeding going on....

That's just mean! Besides Forrest Gump got to bang Jenny (Robin Wright!):D

He took over as CEO on Sept 1st 2007. Delta stock was at $16.88/share on 8/31/07.

Uhhhh, when most of us got the shares of stock at the merger, the stock was at around $5 a share. My buddy sold all of his 3600 shares when he was allowed to at $5 per share. Today it closed at $17.45 or so a share. He has completely turned this company around and is the smartest Airline CEO by far. Yeah, he deserves it. Btw, we are talking about his current salary for this last year, and it ain't a 3% increase in stock price, more like 50% increase. His tenure? Only you measure it that way.... BA-BAM...

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:

PMFJI on a good, however incorrect rant.
When RA (II) took over, he was in charge of "Delta Air Lines, Inc."
When we purchased/merged/combined (whatever is politically correct without pissing anyone off) with NWA, the new stock was issued (shareholders received 1.25 shares of the newly merged company). When you put more stock out (for the NWA shareholders) those shares become diluted, hence the crappy, low price.
So, "technically," you're incorrect, as that was the price of the "old" Delta stock under the "old" Delta Air Lines, Inc. The current stock price, (much as it pains me to say this) General is correct, has increased in value some 300%.
IMO, RA (II) has done a spectacular job for shareholder value! He is giving them something (that I can't recall was ever done) in the form of a "dividend." I don't know many airlines that are doing that.
Ok, I'm done, carry on with who's better, who sucks, and why my dad can beat up your dad.

Not only did the Delta Stock go up in the same period from 2008-2013, the entire S&P500 has doubled and a lot of stocks are up 300%...You could basically throw a dart
at the stock ticker and do as well as DAL with the stock procedes. It is my own opinion GL's buddy that sold his stock and diversified made the better play, working for a company is one thing...depending on that company's stock price for retirement is foolish.

JP

Not only did the Delta Stock go up in the same period from 2008-2013, the entire S&P500 has doubled and a lot of stocks are up 300%...You could basically throw a dart
at the stock ticker and do as well as DAL with the stock procedes. It is my own opinion GL's buddy that sold his stock and diversified made the better play, working for a company is one thing...depending on that company's stock price for retirement is foolish.

JP

That may be true, my friend may have done well with other stocks as well. DL's stock has tripled in value though, and I don't know a lot others that have done that except some big tech like Apple (which lately has seen a big slide). Had he cashed out at $5 a share, then that would have been a bad move, obviously.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back