• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta boosts CEO pay 42%

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ask the 4000+ retired pilots who lost their retirement what they think!!!

Anderson wasn't there when that happened, Jerry Grinstein was the CEO at the time. Yes, losing the pension did suck. The retired DL guys did get hosed, the retired NWA pilots still got their frozen pension. But, RA was at United Health Care at the time as a Senior VP I believe.

Hey Fairview, upon exit if the BK the flying pilots, even the bottom guy on furlough, got more that $200K (FOs) and up to $500K for remaining Capts, mostly in 401K fill up for 3 separate years, some cash, and the rest was taxed. Recently the taxed amount was allowed to be put into a Roth IRA. So, thanks to the stock market going up in the last 3 years, some have made a lot of that money back. And the 13% DC fund contribution in your own name these days is a great deal. Also, I don't have to live in the Sandpit and can kiss my wife in public without fear of arrest.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
The best part is he sounds just like Forrest Gump when he talks...

Probably due to the inbreeding going on....

His customers seem to like him a bit more than Ben "King of nickel and diming" Baldanza.

He is worth it. Not only is the airline profitable, but the stock has gone from about $5 a share to over $17 today. He has brought tremendous value to the shareholders. I am glad I still have over 3500 shares from the merger.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Delta stock was at $17 a share when he took the helm at Delta. If he shares the credit for the stock price increase, he certainly shares the responsibility of its decline.

Delta stock was at $17 a share when he took the helm at Delta. If he shares the credit for the stock price increase, he certainly shares the responsibility of its decline.

Uhhhh, I think you are wrong. I haven't seen it this high in a long while. It certainly wasn't this high when he came over.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back