Delta adding niffty new interiors

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
bafanguy,

I know you are retired and have seen your share of negativity between the groups, but I have really seen a lot of it lately. I do seem to bash the stews quite a bit, but that is because that is where I get the most negativity towards us. I do, however, continually say that there are a few good ones out there---but lately I haven't flown with them. Most are out of shape whiners who blame us for everything. Hey, I am not a negotiator and I just follow what my union tells me---those good ole days of everyone getting along may be gone forever.... I don't know....

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
bafanguy,

I know you are retired and have seen your share of negativity between the groups, but I have really seen a lot of it lately. I do seem to bash the stews quite a bit, but that is because that is where I get the most negativity towards us. I do, however, continually say that there are a few good ones out there---but lately I haven't flown with them. Most are out of shape whiners who blame us for everything. Hey, I am not a negotiator and I just follow what my union tells me---those good ole days of everyone getting along may be gone forever.... I don't know....

Bye Bye--General Lee
I dunno General, on almost any thread, including this one, you never pass up a chance to badmouth the F/As, mock their jobs, and opine that they deserve no better than minimum wage. Sounds like maybe you're getting the treatment you deserve, or perhaps your sense of entitlement isn't being catered to? If you want F/As kowtowing, you'd be better off at a foreign carrier where that kind of nonsense exists, and they'll even walk behind you at all times in public in recognition of your superiority for all to see. I mean, it has now trancended predictable to being inevitable...badmouthing your "stews"...that it just has GOT to be something personal. What is it...coffee not made to your liking? Spurned advances? Senior Mamas not falling for your tired old practical jokes? Or is it because they've been around long enough to recognize just what you think of them, and are simply returning the favor?

And why should you care what salary they make, let alone dictate what it should be? You seem obsessed with this. Oh that's right, you're under the impression that 1) nobody at an airline...from the carpet cleaners to the CEO....should be making more than min wage or allowed to become long-term employees (especially F/As because, like, they're in the plane too) unless the pilots are pulling down at least what the President of the United States makes, and 2) that an airline's sole reason for existence, it's Prime Function, is as a Jobs Program for pilots because it's your world and everyone else is just living in it as non-essential/not-as-highly-trained-as-you window dressing and/or clutter. Tell me, does it also bother you that the F/As get to wear wings on their uniforms, even though they don't actually drive the bus like your highly-trained self does?

But to the issue at hand; I do hope you get rid of those ratty interiors, or at least clean them. And please get rid of those cramped-ass, sh1tbox 767's flying to Europe! Buy some REAL int'l aircraft, would ya? If you remember, I asked you to do this 6 months ago General, but you still haven't delivered, you slack b%#%rd. I know this because I had to avoid one of your 767s coming out of CDG a couple months ago that wasn't listening to the Frog Controllers...(undoubtedly distracted, whining about the F/As in back).....and as it wandered by, well off course, I remember commenting to the F/O "Boy, this sucks having to stop our climb for that pig-of-a-sardine-can, but I sure am glad I'm not actually riding on it!", to which he wholeheartedly agreed, as did our highly-paid, highly-trained, always-cheerful, and really, really cute jumpseating Flight Attendant.

I mean, if you guys taking a 40% pay cut means that you're going to install seating that doesn't assume your average passenger is a 12 year-old female midget like it does now, then I'm all for it. Do you think it's possible to make Delta's seat pitch any tighter without forcing someone to actually consume their own kneecaps in order not to suffocate? For f#$%s sake, General, veal calves have it better!

Every time I have to shoehorn myself into one of your teeny-weeny, model-airplane seats, the immediate loss of circulation quickly has a surreal effect that's all too real; Suddenly, I'm friggin' "Gulliver on His Present Day Travels Through Airline HeII" in a sicko Doll House World, and quite frankly and given a choice, I'd rather be jabbed and stabbed with little spears and shot full of hundreds....no, make that THOUSANDS...of matchstick arrows by the original Lilliputians of yore because at least when THEY'RE torturing you, sure you're tied and staked down on the beach, but at least it's with your legs comfortably stretched out.

Down there in Atlanta, is that how small you grow regular people? No wonder Sherman had to burn a swath of land from there to Savannah...he rightfully had to in order to flush you out, since apparently y'all can scrunch yourself into rabbit holes, bird nests, and other Delta seat-sized spaces. In my book, "DAL" stands for The "Debilitating Agony Leader", and have come to the conclusion that Delta is really a Euro-style national airline for Georgia, which is in turn some sort of freaky OompaLoompaLand with a drawl.

Okay, sorry about the rant, but I've successfully managed to avoid flying on your Pretend Int'l Airline over the last 6 months commuting overseas but my luck has run out. Through no fault of my own, and unavoidably, I'm now faced with doing just that very soon, and I'm friggin' DREADING it! Be a pal General...I don't suppose you could do something about this seating thing before I experience yet another one of your 8 hour-long forced yoga sessions, could you?

Last edited:
Catyaaak,

Sounds like you need to fly more on Delta so you can get a free upgrade to Europe next time. The Business Elite seats are really nice to Europe, even if the stews aren't very nice. And no, I don't need any extra "lovin" from those super senior stews---no thanks. I actually am fairly nice to them face to face---it's just that they are fairly crotchety to everyone else. At 40 years old--I am a Spring Chicken compared to most---and they know that. You sound bitter---what is your story?

Bye Bye---General Lee

PS--Ask your boss to chip in for Business Elite on those longer flights.. What is he, a cheapskate? You fly a Falcon, right? Can't he chip in for a little upgrade? Do it via Priceline.com or something like that......

Last edited:
General Lee said:
Catyaaak,

Sounds like you need to fly more on Delta so you can get a free upgrade to Europe next time. The Business Elite seats are really nice to Europe, even if the stews aren't very nice. And no, I don't need any extra "lovin" from those super senior stews---no thanks. I actually am fairly nice to them face to face---it's just that they are fairly crotchety to everyone else. At 40 years old--I am a Spring Chicken compared to most---and they know that. You sound bitter---what is your story?

Bye Bye---General Lee

PS--Ask your boss to chip in for Business Elite on those longer flights.. What is he, a cheapskate? You fly a Falcon, right? Can't he chip in for a little upgrade? Do it via Priceline.com or something like that......
I've flown all your classes, but with the nature of my commuting with frequent last minute changes in destinations sometimes seats in biz/1st aren't available on the airplanes, especially the smaller ones like yours. Cheapskate...far from it!..and plenty of miles I can use... just logistics. No bitterness here at all, and in fact lovin' life so I'm an anomaly in aviation these days. I'm just wondering why you guys have to offer the worst.

Latest resources

Back