Delta adding niffty new interiors

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
General Lee said:
the LCCs have an advantage in this part of the workforce---they have younger, cheaper, more enthusiastic front line employees
I agree on everything except cheaper. The SWA F/A's are the highest paid as their new contract elevated them over Delta.

Hey !

I dated a DL F/A, she didn't breed cats. But what a nutjob !

By the way, it's true that at LCCs, younger F/As still see us as studs...

-- Passing 10'000 feet, I ordered the steak, and a glass of wine. Oh and yes, I was in the cockpit ! --

Canyonblue,

Your rates may be higher for stews, but we probably have more stews that are at the top rate---due to longevity. We have more than 14,000 flight attendants, and I would say 3/4 have more than 20 years, with 1/2 having more than 30 plus years. That adds up. There needs to be a mandatory retirement age, and to get around the age discrimination deal---there needs to be a yearly test with a timed evac and the ability to lift an exit door.......

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last time I was on a 75 out to SLC, ALL of the F/A's were over 60 and one was at least 70!! No joke, about 4'10'' and all of 100 lbs!

General Lee said:
Your rates may be higher for stews, but we probably have more stews that are at the top rate---due to longevity. We have more than 14,000 flight attendants, and I would say 3/4 have more than 20 years, with 1/2 having more than 30 plus years.
FA pay has gotten way too high, and that's why they stay around past 70. SWA will have this same problem in 10 or 15 years.

canyonblue said:
My commute is only a :39 minute flight, so I realize that it is short. However, week in and week out, I watch as our SWA F/A's work their butts of providing a full beverage service to 137 passengers, and sometimes even give seconds. Last week I flew on a unnamed Legacy carrier and could not believe that on a morning flight with 16 passengers and 2 F/A's that the one working coach came back with a tray of cups and a Big bottle of water.
On ASA, even though these girls (ok, so I haven't flown with a female FA in months, but even so...) aren't paid squat, they manage a complete beverage service for 50 pax on a 40-min flight. On longer flights, they even do 2-3 services. On a 3-hr flight on DL, you get one beverage service, and you get scowled at when you ask for the can...

The difference? The lousy FA pay here at ASA ensures they don't stay around too long, so you get fresh, enthusiastic faces on a regular basis.

CX has the answer

Cathay Pacific signs flight attendants to a three year contract. After three years the airline determines whether or not they get to stay. Also makes them leave at age 40, but we could never get away with that here.

Well, it didn't take long for this thread to turn from aircraft interiors to misogyny, did it ?

bafanguy said:
Well, it didn't take long for this thread to turn from aircraft interiors to misogyny, did it ?
Main Entry: mi·sog·y·ny [url="http://www.m-w.com/images/audio.gif"]http://www.m-w.com/images/audio.gif[/url]
Pronunciation: m&-'sä-j&-nE
Function: noun
Etymology: Greek misogynia, from misein to hate + gynE woman -- more at [size=-1]QUEEN[/size]
: a hatred of women
An old, jaded, pissed-off flight attendant is not necessarily female. It just so happens that most of the flight attendants being discussed are, because that's what was hired back in the day. I've seen quite a few not-so-fresh-and-not-so-friendly male FAs at DL, too. Misogyny has nothing to do with it. Attitude does. Relatively newly-hired FAs have, generally speaking better attitudes.

I once flew with the number 3 seniority stew--a SEA crew when we had that base---and they were doing a SEA--DFW--SEA turn worth 7:50. We flew the leg back to SEA and I looked at the stew sheet to see the seniority and the most junior stew on the 757 was seniority number 600. (out of 19,000 at the time ---pre-9-11). After my great landing (I had to put that in there....) I was saying goodbye to the folks and I finally saw this #3 stew---and she was very very old---like a crippled grandma. I wanted to ask her if she needed a wheel chair. I asked one of the other ones when the #3 lady was hired---and she said 1957.

But, as I have to say because of legal reasons (??)---some of the stews out there are just great----GRAVY!!!!

Bye Bye--General Lee

RJFlyer,

Thanks for the dictionary excerpt...I'm familiar with the meaning of the word and stand by what I said. But, if you insist, I'll rephrase: It didn't take long for this thread to go from acft interiors to FA bashing, did it ?

If the FA's on a particular airline are just not up to your standards, spend your money riding an airline were they are. If you're a non-rev...

Making sweeping negative generalizations about a large group of FA's is no more valid than some FA saying all pilots are arrogant, egomaniacal jerks. Your opinion won't change anything and no purpose is served by groups of people who work so closely engaging in bashing each other.

Latest resources

Back