Delta 5 day domestic trips

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'll pass thanks......

Leftover Redtail stuff that didn't carry well into the bankruptcy trip rigs......I couldnt stand 4 day domestics so I ran to International.

Word is that scheduling likes the 5-days so they can get OE done in one rotation. I don't like the 5-days and don't see why the pilots should suffer to accomodate scheduling. I can't get away from them - I bid to avoid them and have 3 5-day trips this month.

Last edited:
Its such crap that all they rely on is Carmen to build schedules and ALPA just defends it.....

One trip per month

For a while after the Pan Am merger, we had 11-day 727 trips out of Frankfurt, with a DH on both ends. It went very senior, and if you got a green slip .... ChaChing! :pimp:

Which base does the NRT intra-asia ER flying and how long are those trips? I'm guessing Seattle.

Which base does the NRT intra-asia ER flying and how long are those trips? I'm guessing Seattle.

It's usually spread out among all the 7ER categories. Sometimes NYC. Sometimes ATL ...

It was mainly a commuter thing. I'd rather have a commutable 28 hour 5 day than a non commutable 29 hour 4 day that costs me two hotel rooms.

^ My thoughts also.

I just finished a 6 day reserve stretch. Picked up a commutable 4 day at the beginning, got a hotel for the 4th night, flew the 5th day, and had to get another hotel for the 5th night. I still only got ~24 hours' credit time.
I've never seen a 4 day in open time for more than 25 hours.

When I was on the 320, all I ever bid were 5 day commutable trips. I went 5 months as a line holder without buying a hotel. As a commuter I loved them.

Its such crap that all they rely on is Carmen to build schedules and ALPA just defends it.....

Bill,
We wanted 6 hrs per calendar day, Carmen could only to 4+30. That's what is in the TA you voted for. Funny thing is the average pilot credits 5+17 a day.

You bash ALPA but then sing praises of the TA over on another board. :confused:

Latest resources

Back