• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Degree and the majors

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah, I know two females that flew freight and went directly to SWA.

BTW They also both logged PIC time concurrently. SWA either didn't catch it or care.
see what having the prefect background will do for you
This WILL command respect: Why study? only suckers go to real schools.
However it still checks the box to mark you as real airline pilot material, but we know it has nothing to do with flying an airplane

Last edited:
not true, experienced freight dawgs get hired at SWA without a degree

So what?

I don't get your reasoning. Are you advocating getting a degree or what? First you say it's for checking a box then you say you don't need it because some random people got on under unknown circumstances.

I would get a real degree. Something that has NOTHING to do with aviation.

We are ALL one heart murmur/apnea/HBP/diabetes diagnosis from retiring from flying. I know you are probably 20 and invincible right now, but it happens all the time.

Don't set yourself up with a mortgage, 2 kids and a boat payment with nothing to fall back on except an aviation management degree from www.slackerU.com and a job at Home Depot. All just to check that important box.

Last edited:
it what?

So what?

I don't get your reasoning. Are you advocating getting a degree or what? First you say it's for checking a box then you say you don't need it because some random people got on under unknown circumstances.
If you want a 4-yr 120 credit hour degree because you feel you need it to check that majic box on an airline application, by all means go for it. All am sayings it is not necessary to be successful, I know lots of pilots who went to SWA, JB, NJ, UAL, NWA, AT, and Spirit without degrees. They hired because they were well experienced pilots who were fun to be around. To each his own. BTW The fall back value of a degree unused for 25-30 years is greatly overrated.

Latest resources

Back