• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dear Senetor Stevens, RE S65

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You really think he cares? Even if you really sent that letter I would be more then suprised if it was actually read by anyone with any power. It will be read by some flunky intern that loves to suck up to politicians and when he sees that it would benefit you and not him, it will go right in the trash.

Hey pipe sorry to disappoint you but the age limit in the military is about 58 not 60 so he doesn't have to worry about 65. I am sure though he wouldn't mind since the guys flying in the 89th are hand picked and the best pilots you can find outside of UAUA, LCC, AMR, ALK, DALRQ, FRNT, MEH, CAL, LUV, AAI & JBLU.

I know - that's my point. If a guy 60-65 has so much experience that he just can't be spared and if that experience more than covers for his loss of cognitive skills - why doesn't Ted demand them in the military too?

BTW, I fly DV/VIP/SAM. That whole hand-picked thing is just networking B.S. and deep-down you know that's true. We're just pilots. Flown with better at the airlines, flown with worse.

PIPE

Alaska Senator

I called Ted's office two years ago and asked to speak to the person who handled the age 60 issue for his office. The lady who answered the phone said "you can speak to me." I started to tell her why I thought that changing the number from 60 to 65 was not going to "fix" the age discrimination argument and how I thought the guys who are pushing for a change are mostly driven by greed.

She said "son, do you know how old the senator is?" I said no ma'am and I'm not sure what that has to do with the topic we are discussing. She said "well, he just had his 80th birthday and he is doing just fine." I said well ma'am if you want to get on an airplane with him at the controls that would be just fine with me but I would prefer not to be on that airplane thank you very much...you just made my point.

Don't expect these lawmakers to be objective about anything.

Latest resources

Back