Dalpa Concerned

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

comrcap

DALPA is concernered about the concessions at UAL and UsAir. They should be! They can't force their pilots on their WO's or defacto regionals to save their pensions and jobs. They are asking for a HUMANE implantation of work rule changes. Well, welcome to my world General........Don't cry when you are awarded a 90 hour (that's block hour) line. PID looks pretty good now huh!

Yeah... I love it when they say that we should "share" the pain and help out with concessions. With no big retirement, no trip/duty rigs and 85-90 hours of hard time each month, we are already a "C" scale airline and a lean money making machine. If we had a flow through or the pid implemented, my 11 years at Comair would maybe net me a reserve F/O spot if I was lucky.........
Times are changing and only the strong will survive..... HS

Arrogance and stupidity are in abundant supply. Until that well dries up expect more of the same from DALPA. I feel certain they will all have to take a "reality checkride" soon.....at least it seems inevitable.

Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of Dheads.

...bye bye ;-)

comrcap said:
DALPA is concernered about the concessions at UAL and UsAir. They should be! They can't force their pilots on their WO's or defacto regionals to save their pensions and jobs. They are asking for a HUMANE implantation of work rule changes. Well, welcome to my world General........Don't cry when you are awarded a 90 hour (that's block hour) line. PID looks pretty good now huh!
What are your sources for this post? What is it based on?

DALPA and DAL management are not that different in this regard. BOTH DALPA and DAL management will use the whipsaw if it benefits them. BOTH DALPA and DAL management consider ASA/CMR/DAL a single carrier when it benfits them. Do not trust EITHER one gentlemen. Man your battle stations!

quote from spinproof:
"Arrogance and stupidity are in abundant supply."
"Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of Dheads."

And when it happens to them, do you honestly think that you're not next?? Like they say, sh!t rolls downhill. As mainline pay, workrules, retirements, etc. are gutted, it will eventually flow downhill to everybody. Especially in light of those wonderfull new Jetblue emb payrates.

If you don't think so, then you should count yourself as one of those dealing in "Arrogance and stupidity."

InclusiveScope,

You are so right!

701EV

source

Reuters news service at Yahoo. Pull up news when you get a quote for DAL.....They quote DALPA MEC

I read the article and thought it was good. Malone isn't biting on the UAL or AA type productivity, and he will probably add a percent or two to the newly proposed pay cut instead of giving up as many work rules, which are harder to get back. He ISN'T rolling over and giving up jobs--he also stated that UAL and AA have had the highest "sick call" rate ever. Grinstein said in one of his "Gerry's kids" meetings that he cared more about the dollar amount--vs what is given up or not given up. He is looking at the total picture. Highly doubt 90 or 95 hour lines---but when we get all of the new 70 and 100 seaters--then the lines may grow a tad.

Comrcap,

Have you done any allnighters lately? No? Didn't think so. Also, the 70 seaters have been flying longer legs lately, but Grinstein said that 2 hours will be the limit. Looks like more legs per day might be in your future. (I guess also in the future of some of our returning furloughs)

Spinproof,

You really sound like the dhead. Bringing down our contract loses the best currently out there, and might ever be at a Major. We raised the bar for everyone--for as long as we could. Your own reality is slowly turning bleaker. Enjoy your career.

Inclusivescope,

There you go again---paranoid as ever. Watch out--everyone is out to get us! Nobody is safe! Guess what? You are on the bottom of the Delta totempole. Sorry--but it is true. Delta and Dalpa will take care of Delta before they get to you. That is the way it is.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back