• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DAL pilot

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would be very happy to have the DAL pilots join the CMR pilot group and fly our aircraft, I would also be happy for the chance to get preferential hiring with Delta when things turn around.
I have one question though, would I be able to keep my Comair seniority number incase Delta ever furlough again?
Thanks for the help.

Lumber,

Yeah, maybe the truth hurts and that's why your posts set me off. I just don't think the truths you speak of are as universal as we might be led to believe. Trust me, I spent most of the last year furloughed from another carrier, so I know how bad it sucks to be on the street. I just can't imagine any reasonable interviewer would ever hold all this "personally" against a candidate.

I have nothing but respect and admiration for the Delta pilots and have never received anything but the same from them.

Last edited:
The question still isn't answered..

Still, no one has shown any proof or answer to the question at hand: HOW DOES HIRING A DAL PILOT, WHO GOES TO ROCK BOTTOM OF THE LIST, HURT CMR PILOTS?
So what if he keeps his seniority? The risk of wasting training costs is not an issue because these are established pilots who will pass the training. And besides, recall is so far away, CMR will get its moneys worth out of the DAL guys. Talk about scope, as much as I hate to say it (because I love the RJ's myself) the laxity of scope is why there are so many DAL pilots on furlough. Really, I HATE TO ADMIT IT, but if the RJ's were in mainline hands there would actually be upward movements going on. On the other hand, thank God they are not because RJ's are the only reason regionals can pay what they pay. If Sept 11th never happened I'd still be saying the RJ is not a threat to anyone. But it did happen. And all of the sudden, the RJ is the center of the fight again. But let's not get into the whipsaw issue here. I won't even reply to posts that bait on this issue. I just want to see undeniable proof that hiring a furloughed DAL pilot hurts the CMR group.

the laxity of scope is why there are so many DAL pilots on furlough.

United has had the strongest scope in the industry. Look what it did for them !

Also in todays news:

ExpressJet Holdings Inc. (NYSE:XJT - News), which runs Continental's Express service on smaller regional jets, on Wednesday said its quarterly profit more than doubled as its fleet grew. Regional jets, which are cheaper to run and can fly to smaller markets while still pulling in profits, have become an integral part of the recovery plans at nearly every major airline.

UAL was in trouble LOOOOONG before the CRJ.....

Besides, I was only talking about scope in terms of jobs. Hell, I love the RJ's, but I also have to admit where someone else has a point. Even if I differ on it.

Positive Rate,

You seem to be missing the point. The reason we are mad is that in our time of need, you could not come through for our most needy pilots. It's like a slap in the face. We helped your whole group--even your MEC---when you needed our help. We supported you and helped by writing checks each month along with all of the other ALPA pilots. The Scope issue has been relaxed----to a tune of 44% of our flying---which may equate to many many upgrades for you. Why would we allow more 70 seaters that would take more of our flying away, resulting in more furloughs? (-----although I swear we had a No Furlough clause in there somewhere...) Now the ASA guys will have an advantage over you when we eventually hire again. You don't think that will be for awhile? Hmmmm. Don't bet on it. We are supposedly interested in anything United has to sell ( Our CFO--Michele Burns said that two weeks ago in a big pow wow in ATL
and that could mean expansion when needed. We have more cash on hand than almost every carrier, and "Borrowing power" according to Burns. We are in Arbitration right now for the furloughs, and apparently they are meeting on Jan 30 to discuss this--and give a ruling one week after that. And, to top it off---you surely aren't betting against the company that owns your company, right? Leo Mullin is a smart guy, and we have a contract he signed. Sure seems like you guys are rolling the dice over there at Comair. ASA only hired 13 of our guys, but they get a signed agreement for preferential hiring. You don't. Ouch, that hurts.

Bye Bye----General Lee:cool:

ASA only hired 13 of our guys, but they get a signed agreement for preferential hiring

Gen Lee,

Could you tell me what that preferential hiring agreement says specifically ?? I haven't seen anything posted at ASA on this.

thanks

What is so funny about all this is the Delta pilots on this and other boards have probably made it impossible for Delta NOT to hire a boat load of Comair applicants when they resume hiring.
You ever heard of labor laws? Discrimination laws?

I can see Leo now. "Uh, o k ...., not hire Comair pilots because the pilots don't want me to, and then hundreds of unfair labor law suits to follow? I don't think so. I know a lot of pilots who already have talked to lawyers, and they are having them track these post for future reference.

You guys crack me up

Comair, all of us at U.S. Air Express salute you! Stay the course or you will be lubing your backside like we had to do on LOA 86 or Jets for Jobs.

Couple of thing.

1. Did you mainline guys preferentially hire any of us commuter pilots.... I don't think so....

2. Times they are a-changin'. Airlines are going to be flying many more SJ's as you heavy drivers call them. You at the majore can either go willingly into the future, or be dragged kicking and screaming. Unfortunately, that will mean lower wages and working a few more days a month.

3. This aplies more to U.S. Airways, because the mainline boys and girls have scoped us out of anything but UNDUCTED FANS claiming that we would take away their flying. Well, if they had grown their express division, they wouldn't have 3000 pilots on furlough.

Keep fighting the good fight!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back