DAL pilot

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
exaf,

You are just blinded by the Delta pilots MEC. Scope, which limits our pilots, limits on 70 seaters, which hurt our pilots are things that our MEC wanted to discuss. They came to the meeting with a problem that effects there pilots, and our MEC came to the meeting with a problem that effects our pilots. The Delta MEC refused to discuss our problem, and only wanted to discuss theres. When our MEC said it was a two way street, they responded with threats and intimidation tactics.
Now did they really want preff. hiring? Hell no. It was a well orchestrated stunt from the get go. They have pilots hitting the street while the "allowed aircraft" clause of the contract they negotiated allows the company to buy air craft and hire pilots at the same time. To take attention from there own short comings, they announce two weeks prior that they were going to save the day by pushing our MEC to get our mgt. to change policy and hire furloughees with out them giving up there numbers. You might not of noticed, but there was no advance message to the Delta pilots when they talked to the ASA MEC.

Knowing exactly what our MEC would do, they set up the ambush and now all the attention is not on who is REALLY responsible, but it is on our MEC and pilot group. They should be ashamed of themselves.

As far as experience, we have 100's of pilots who were very low time when they were hired, and they are doing a fantastic job for us.
Yes, time to time we have to give a little extra training in initial, but they usually do just fine.

Spin it any way you want...

Afellowaviator,

Wait... now it's the Delta MEC's fault that its own furloughed pilots are not offered jobs at the bottom of Comair's expanding seniority list despite supporting Comair pilots monetarily during their strike? Then what's the deal with ASA - why are they offering opportunities and not Comair? Can you answer that one? How is ASA different from Comair in this process? You can continue to spin it any way you want - but the end result is that Delta furloughees are still on the street....

You can bet ASA pilots will get preferential treatment now... If Comair pilots held such a grudge about the scope issue (which will likely never pass muster with Delta pilots who don't want to give up more jobs or expansion opportunities - that's reality...), then why did they willingly accept monetary benefits from Delta pilots during their strike? They could have refused it on principle - right? Right? Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah - accept help and then refuse to give it when the partner needs it.

How do you expect Delta pilots will respond to ANY potential scope-change initiative now? Can you answer that one? How are you going to spin that one?

End result: Comair pilots look bad and ASA pilots look good...

lumber yak,'

You seem like a very bitter person and I wish you well. Why is it that every time this subject comes up you people bring up our strike? I don't see the tie in.
If you are refereing to the "fact" that it is my MEC'S DUTY TO REPRESENT OUR PILOTS AS SPIN, then I doubt that you are even an airline pilot.
Plenty of Comair pilots will be hired at Delta, just as much as before, and your little tantrum will not change that.

The Delta MEC set the tone when we were bought out, and it seems it will continue until the Delta pilots wake up and recall those shameful people. Shame on them for using furloughed pilots as pawns this way. The Delta MEC is a divisive group, and until the Delta pilots wake up and boot them out, things will never get better.

Lumber Yak,

For the record, you're full of sh^t with your flame-bait narrow minded posts. Why don't you get off your uninformed "Comair - bad , ASA - good" high horse and find something better to do.

You're not an airline pilot, you're not part of the Delta family...yet you keep singing in as some sort of omniscent outsider as if the little conversation you heard at the driving range gives you the right to trash my company's pilots.

You can bet ASA pilots will get preferential treatment now... If Comair pilots held such a grudge about the scope issue (which will likely never pass muster with Delta pilots who don't want to give up more jobs or expansion opportunities - that's reality...), then why did they willingly accept monetary benefits from Delta pilots during their strike? They could have refused it on principle - right? Right? Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah - accept help and then refuse to give it when the partner needs it.

End result: Comair pilots look bad and ASA pilots look good...

Sue me for taking your bait, but you're an annoying broken record.

PositiveRate said:
Lumber Yak,

For the record, you're full of sh^t with your flame-bait narrow minded posts. Why don't you get off your uninformed "Comair - bad , ASA - good" high horse and find something better to do.

You're not an airline pilot, you're not part of the Delta family...yet you keep singing in as some sort of omniscent outsider as if the little conversation you heard at the driving range gives you the right to trash my company's pilots.

Sue me for taking your bait, but you're an annoying broken record.

I think Lumber has a better handle of your future with respect to MY company (Delta). He is pointing out some of the future problems you will have with us. We won't forget.

Finally!

AFELLOWAVIATOR said:
exaf,

You are just blinded by the Delta pilots MEC. Scope, which limits our pilots, limits on 70 seaters, which hurt our pilots are things that our MEC wanted to discuss. They came to the meeting with a problem that effects there pilots, and our MEC came to the meeting with a problem that effects our pilots. The Delta MEC refused to discuss our problem, and only wanted to discuss theres. When our MEC said it was a two way street, they responded with threats and intimidation tactics.
Now did they really want preff. hiring? Hell no. It was a well orchestrated stunt from the get go. They have pilots hitting the street while the "allowed aircraft" clause of the contract they negotiated allows the company to buy air craft and hire pilots at the same time. To take attention from there own short comings, they announce two weeks prior that they were going to save the day by pushing our MEC to get our mgt. to change policy and hire furloughees with out them giving up there numbers. You might not of noticed, but there was no advance message to the Delta pilots when they talked to the ASA MEC.

Knowing exactly what our MEC would do, they set up the ambush and now all the attention is not on who is REALLY responsible, but it is on our MEC and pilot group. They should be ashamed of themselves.

As far as experience, we have 100's of pilots who were very low time when they were hired, and they are doing a fantastic job for us.
Yes, time to time we have to give a little extra training in initial, but they usually do just fine.
First of all I'm not blinded by anything. Like I said before, I don't have a dog in this hunt. I'm just an innocent bystander that isn't part of the "Delta Family" (which appears to be a pretty disfunctional family right now). I'm just glad to see you finally present a point for others to consider other than "the CMR MEC is supposed to look out for CMR pilots" which was was gettin old. And finally it is "their" (possesive), not "there." Carry on....:)

Positive Rate,

I know a lot more than you think. I have ZERO relation to Delta, but I talk with Delta pilots all the time. If you think this posting was a bad idea, check out how many people have replied - this is an informational forum for discussion - that is what we are doing.

Using furloughed pilots as baragaining chips - do you think that was a wise decision - do you really? If you think Delta pilots are not pi$$ed you are wrong.

In this case, the TRUTH HURTS and you don't want to admit it. I challenge you to ask any Delta pilot about his/her opinion.

I have no reason to be on the "high-horse" because I have no relation to Delta. However, I call them like I see them - screwing with unemployed pilots upsets me and most rational pilots... maybe not you. When I heard about this from a few Delta guys I was outraged... Are you saying these furloughed pilots were not screwed in this case? How about the guy who started the DAL Pilot thread - a former Comair CRJ pilot who is now not allowed to return after joining Delta - was he not screwed after picketing for the very benefits you Comair pilots now enjoy? Now he can't return... Yeah, that's fair....

Admit it, the truth hurts sometimes... ASA hires and Comair doesn't - how does that make any sense? Can you tell me? huh?

Last edited:
AFELLOWAVIATOR said:
lumber yak,'

Plenty of Comair pilots will be hired at Delta, just as much as before, and your little tantrum will not change that.

You are so wrong. This is bigger than you may think. We even have many retired guys chiming in on this issue on the DALPA board. Remember that every interview consists of an HR rep. and a Retired Delta pilot who is an ALPA Rep.

I think you have no intention of ever moving on from comair, which doesn't matter. But don't think we Delta guys will ever forget this. You are infact hurting many comair pilots who may want to come to Delta someday.

I am not saying this to try to convince anyone to give us furloughed guys a shot at the bottom of your seniority list. I just think you "lifers" should not try to "snowjob" the many pilots who MAY want to move on when their time comes.

Latest resources

Back