• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DAL New Hire Demographic

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Everyone I've written LOR's for who got interviews did not get the job. All were easygoing, incredibly personable, and had killer resumes and educations. And then I heard we hired a 0-PIC pilot who failed 2 upgrade attempts, is in messed up legal trouble, and had one of our own pilots call the company saying "I KNOW THIS PERSON, PLEASE DON'T HIRE THEM."
We probably took on a lot of great people, but personally, I've lost faith in Delta's pilot selection process.

BS. It annoys me the people who make up excuses like this to explain why they weren't hired. I've met a few of the new hire classes and the overwhelming majority are 30 something white males. One thing is for sure, they are all extremely talented and qualified. The resumes and backgrounds on most of these pilots are incredible. Lots of PIC, APD's, chief pilots, master's degree's, etc...

It's a HR persons wet dream when Delta receives 20,000 resumes for a few hundred jobs. Creme of the crop.

If you applied to Delta and didn't get hired, don't make up BS excuses about affirmative action. Just face the fact that it's pretty competitive to get hired at a major and you just got beat out.

BS. It annoys me the people who make up excuses like this to explain why they weren't hired. I've met a few of the new hire classes and the overwhelming majority are 30 something white males. One thing is for sure, they are all extremely talented and qualified. The resumes and backgrounds on most of these pilots are incredible. Lots of PIC, APD's, chief pilots, master's degree's, etc...

It's a HR persons wet dream when Delta receives 20,000 resumes for a few hundred jobs. Creme of the crop.

If you applied to Delta and didn't get hired, don't make up BS excuses about affirmative action. Just face the fact that it's pretty competitive to get hired at a major and you just got beat out.

After all, hiring is suppose to be based on meritocracy!

I am a Check Airman, TT of 9000 PIC, 4k PIC all in JET. No college, no faa incidents or accidents, good letters of rec = zero calls.. Oh well, I'll just enjoy the regionals until someone is desperate enough to hire just a pilot, and not someone that has a B.S. in basket weaving :)

Yeah because when I wrote "guys I wrote LOR's for", I really meant myself. Boo hoo for me.

Really though, I've met 2 newbies now, and both were awesome folks with plenty of solid experience. In the end, luck has a lot to do with it.

I'm a white male and I disagree with this statement. I will say that some minority races are given unfair advantages, but we are not discriminated against.

Uh, that is the very definition of discrimination, dummy! You think it only means you had crosses burned in your yard or yo' mammy was hung from a tree?

I am a Check Airman, TT of 9000 PIC, 4k PIC all in JET. No college, no faa incidents or accidents, good letters of rec = zero calls.. Oh well, I'll just enjoy the regionals until someone is desperate enough to hire just a pilot, and not someone that has a B.S. in basket weaving :)

Get that darn degree, dude. Whats the hold up?, play the game if you want out of the regionals.

CYA

I've met 5 new hires from this year. All were white males, between the ages of 34 and 45. They were all very sharp individuals. I have no idea of what the actual new hire demographics were, but at least 95% of the people I see in ops are white males.

The degree opens the door. Or keeps in shut. Simple as that.

The world needs ditch diggers too.

Latest resources

Back