Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't recall Alaska having DC-10s. Get it? Alaska...Bush pilots? :D

Last edited:
Actually not many of the furloughees are going back. There are currently about 260 pilots that have put themselves (including myself) on a Short Notice List...that is, we are committed to going back ASAP. Delta pulls from this list when they can't fill a class by giving proper contractual notice to a pilot. As of late at least 90% of the pilots in a class have come from the Short Notice List. The overall bypass/leave rate has been about 50-60%. They had to pull over 20 names to fill the last class of 30, and over 40 names to fill the prior class of 50.

At the current rate of bypass vs. recall most all pilots that wish to be back will be on property at the end of next summer, a full year ahead of what was required/anticipated. All recallees have been going straight to training so far and its expected to continue. Basically, we're not a financial burden; but needed. Instead of getting 1000 pilots back they can't use, they're getting about 500 which is more than offset by the more than 800 retirements we've had this year alone.

What avatar? What bush? What'd I miss? WHAT'D I MISS?! :eek: TC

P.S.--I have a friend who is bypassing because of the uncertainty of Ch.11. Anyone with a good job probably wants to wait and see what will happnen.

I'm on the SNL and going back

I am bumming it with the reserves and doing fine, but I'd like to get back to the big D. Of course, if some wonderful other job came along (I have a few apps out) or I won the lottery I'd wait. I am on the SNL and will be going back. I wish the old contract and work rules would apply, but in or out of Ch 11 we will have a good paycheck (better than most of America, IMO) and we will be flying. We can make it as good or bad as we want. Plus I will get to fly a jet! (Although I did enjoy siting sideways in the 727 - the FAs were sooooo nice....even the young cute ones from BOS or MCO)
They beat my last CP on my trip last week. Short, round and an LSU fan :-o

Latest resources

Back