DAL Furlough Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

N1atEcon

I remember a while back someone putting out a recall schedule for DAl.
Has that started to happen Yet? Especially with the early retirments. I have an old friend who was about #600 on the fulough list and I was wondering if there was any upward movment for him. Thanks

Yes, the recall started in July I believe, and we are down to about 800 left on furlough. The recall agreement calls for 30 a month to be recalled, but Oct 1st the company requested 50 recalls. 30 are scheduled each month for Nov and Dec. As far as when your friend may come back, it is hard to tell. We probably will lose 500-700 senior Captains in the next few months due to the last TA that gave the senior guys a guarantee of their lump sum (or 50% of their earned pension) if they left by Feb 1st, and 1500 pilots qualify to receive their lump sums (over age 50). More than 500-700 may take it. In the TA, the company can keep some of the pilots around until Dec 31st, 2005 if needed(until their replacement is trained) And, the pilots who retire stay by a lottery system (thanks to the IRS), or can stay if they are line check airman.

When we get a new contract, our flying cap time will increase, and that may slow the need for furloughs coming back all at once---but the retirements should ensure some flow to continue. Hopefully he will come back soon.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Thanks for the reply General. Glad to here there is some light at the end of the tunnel for those guys.

I hope so too. I am rooting for them.

Bye Bye--General Lee

FlyDeep

I though I personally appreciate your photo, I think it is entirely inappropriate for this board. I frequent this board and my kids are always coming in and out of my office. I sure would hate to have to explain this to my 4 year old.

Also, many people access this site from work places and other public computers that may have a hard time explaining what is on their screen.

Goose17

Welcome our newest member to the Penalty Box!!

Geez! Even I blushed on that one.

Bye bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back