• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dal bid

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It must be under first class privileges, AKA in the first six months.

I asked before I interviewed and they told me to make sure it was less than six months old.
Not sure if that is the de facto truth, but that is what I was told when I called with that question a few moons ago.

The rules for first class have changed. If you are under, what...35...then it is 1st class for 12 months. I would have to look it up to get the exact age, but that did change.

Doh, you are correct. It is under 40 for a first class and then every six if needed.

I forget that with the requirements for PIC and International ops. It is just every six and I dumped the rest. Good catch.

The rules for first class have changed. If you are under, what...35...then it is 1st class for 12 months. I would have to look it up to get the exact age, but that did change.

Per 61.23

If you hold a FIRST-CLASS medical certificate and on the date of your most recent medical certificate you were under the age of 40 and you are conducting an operation that requires an ATP then your medical certificate expires, for that operation, at the end of the last day of the 12th month after the date shown on the medical.

If you hold a FIRST-CLASS medical certificate and on the date of your most recent medical certificate you were age of 40 or older and you are conducting an operation that requires an ATP then your medical certificate expires, for that operation, at the end of the last day of the 6th month after the date shown on the medical.

So, per my understanding, you can get a first-class medical certificate when you are 39 yrs and 364 days of age and it would be a valid first-class medical certificate, with the privileges of a first class medical certificate, for the full 12 months and not revert to a second class medical after 6 months.

So when they ask for first class medical, are they talking issued within the last 12 months? My medical is originally issued first class, but I'm at the 18 month mark due to mil leave. Military aviation medical is current of course, not that it matters...

If you have passed the 31st of the 12th month since it was issued, it is no longer a first class and is a second, despite what the ink on the medical says. Get it redone (with the EKG if necessary).

If you have passed the 31st of the 12th month since it was issued, it is no longer a first class and is a second, despite what the ink on the medical says. Get it redone (with the EKG if necessary).
Actually, it's still a First Class medical, but with Second Class privileges, if you want to be precise. But in practical terms, you are correct.

New hires will go into the 320 in DTW. Had the 4th floor on the jump seat..

No class ever goes all to one base and one airplane. It will be spread out where the needs are and where there are openings.

DTW 320, MSP 88, MSP 320 seem to be the biggest gaps. Perhaps the great white north of MSP isn't so great after all? :)

No class ever goes all to one base and one airplane. It will be spread out where the needs are and where there are openings.

DTW 320, MSP 88, MSP 320 seem to be the biggest gaps. Perhaps the great white north of MSP isn't so great after all? :)

Actually, I think there was a class this last cycle that all went to NYC7ER. Could be wrong though.

Latest resources

Back