• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Superpilot92

LONGCALL KING
Lots of upward movement

Lots of unfilled positions

Newhires should have their pick of a number of different aircraft and bases.

MSP looks to becoming very junior

MSP7ER, MEM320, DTW320, NYC73N, NYCM88, MSPM88, ATLM88 All went to the bottom of the seniority list and pretty much all look to have had seats go unfilled. Especially in MSP

SLC320 and MSP320 went pretty junior

DC9 didnt change much and i'm not sure if there are seats unfilled or not but there werent many awards in the DC9 category.

Last edited:
Yep, my buddy who is 12 from the BOTTOM of the WHOLE LIST (# 12,325 or somewhere around that) got MSP 7ER ...

They displaced 35-40 in MSP and DTW DC-9 as the -30/40's get parked this fall. Alot of MSP MD-88/90 awards went pretty junior as it builds to 160 crews. Think this award gets MSP MadDog size to approx. 120?

Yes it did. I'm just about the bottom and got awarded something I never thought I did. I learned the lesson of becareful what you bid, you just might get it.

Dumb question...What's a 7ER?

They displaced 35-40 in MSP and DTW DC-9 as the -30/40's get parked this fall. Alot of MSP MD-88/90 awards went pretty junior as it builds to 160 crews. Think this award gets MSP MadDog size to approx. 120?

That sounds right.

Too lazy to count them but I'd venture to say there are at least 50 unfilled F/O spots on the -88/90 up in MSP after this bid.

Hard to tell what they actually want to backfill the 320 to so that's anyone's guess.

The fact the the 7ER basically went to the last guys on the whole list leads me to believe it might not have been completely filled as well. Most likely you'll see any open slots on it in the future filled with guys senior to those that are on the bottom now (since the bottom is now safely lined). That's what's been happening in NYC. It went from New Hires to needing 10 years seniority to bid in.

I think people really underestimated the "suck" factor of all of the new open slots out west (SEA). MSP is looking like a haven for seniority...even for a soon to be new hire!

Last edited:
Dumb question...What's a 7ER?

757/767 both domestic and international.

7ER was an old Delta South label for strictly international/long haul stuff, but it's cheaper to combine the categories.

Wish they had stayed separate, but you can't have it all I guess!

Latest resources

Back