• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DAL and its employees being anti-union is holding up FAA funding bill

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sounds like AFA is licking its chops at the $$$$ it could suck up. From what I understand, they already voted no using the new rules. Harry Reid is shameless.

This is one issue I hope gets held up a very long time. I have no problem knowing that the Republicans have managed to single handedly shrink the FAA overnight by 4,000 heads. Could not happen to a better agency. Give 'em hell Delta

The blocking of the FAA extension is due to 2 reasons, both of them originating with House Republicans:

1. EAS (Essential Air Service). Republicans want to cut it. I'm fine with that as this program is a huge waste of taxpayer $ for very little benefit gained.

2. Limiting the ability of airline employees to form unions. As usual, the anti-union, anti-worker Republican party lapdogs are licking the boots of their big business corporate campaign money donors. They want the new NMB rule that says a Yes vote means "Yes" and a No vote means "No" and a non-vote means nothing to be -reversed- and brought back to like it was in the old days where a non-vote was counted as a "No" vote. That I do have a major problem with.

So don't blame Harry Reid. He is sticking up for YOUR right to unionize. Blame the crackpot Tea Party and their Republican cohorts.

This is one issue I hope gets held up a very long time. I have no problem knowing that the Republicans have managed to single handedly shrink the FAA overnight by 4,000 heads. Could not happen to a better agency. Give 'em hell Delta
What a simplistic attitude.

While you gloat over this, did you know that engineers responsible for modernizing the ATC system are now not able to do that. Construction projects for airport modernization as well as surface pavement repair are now halted.

he is trying to reverse a rule that has been in place for 75 years, solely for the AFA - and they even lost under the "fixed" rules. I have no problem with the FAA being shut down over this.

What a simplistic attitude.

While you gloat over this, did you know that engineers responsible for modernizing the ATC system are now not able to do that. Construction projects for airport modernization as well as surface pavement repair are now halted.

How could we get the Feds to furlough half of the Dept Of Ed , Dept of Commerce, Dept of Ag and a whole host of other Depts that fill the office space of DC with technocrats making six figures. The FAA always seemed to be one of the more leaner agencies ironically compared to those other bloated agencies.
LUV

You can throw jetblue in the ring as well, they have gone on record at wanting the RLA to return to the old rules.

The blocking of the FAA extension is due to 2 reasons, both of them originating with House Republicans:

1. EAS (Essential Air Service). Republicans want to cut it. I'm fine with that as this program is a huge waste of taxpayer $ for very little benefit gained.
Whether you agree with EAS or not, the taxes that would have been collected in the first week of the shutdown would have paid for the ENTIRE 2012 EAS program.

There's got to be a better way to enact change than this!

Latest resources

Back