• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DAL and its employees being anti-union is holding up FAA funding bill

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No other elections I am aware of count votes that are not cast, why should this be any different? If your apathetic and don't vote you don't get a say. If you decide not to vote for the POTUS, Senator, or Congressmen it doesn't count as a vote for the incumbent.

It should be a majority decision by those that actually vote. If you don't vote, you don't get to have an influence on the election.

Republicans are very wrong on this one.

Delta is not anti-union the employees of Delta are anti-union and that is THEIR choice....not yours and not Washington's!

OK, fair enough. If that is the case why don't Delta's pilots just leave their union - not for another - and go non union? Maybe you all would like to cut your pay another 30% since you say D employees are anti-union. Like you say, it's your choice, so why not make it?

What is ridiculous about this is your lack of logic and reasoning. In-fact a non vote is not a no vote. That is the way your myopic mind looks at it. The reality is that the logic of this process is to ensure that a majority of the employee group is in favor of a union and on the flip side for decertification a majority are against the union. In the case of the AFA at Delta the FAs rejected the AFA with both types of votes and Washington still can't accept that. Just another example of Dems not playing fair when they don't get their way.

The logic of my process would be to give the majority of the electorate is in favor of a political candidate. The way it is now, the majority of those that choose to vote decide the election. All I want to do is agree with the Republicans = anyone who does not vote counts as a vote against. Therefore, if you don't get a majority of all eligible voters you are not elected. Not just a majority of those that voted.

What's sauce for the goose is sauce for gander. We'll see how many elections the right wing ccould win on that basis.

why can't they force everyone to vote?

Are you kidding....one of the main charges by the AFA against DAL on the last vote they lost was that DAL improperly influenced the election because employees were allowed to vote during company time if they hadn't.
AFA said that was coercion. Can you imagine if everyone HAD to vote.....

OK, fair enough. If that is the case why don't Delta's pilots just leave their union - not for another - and go non union? Maybe you all would like to cut your pay another 30% since you say D employees are anti-union. Like you say, it's your choice, so why not make it?

The logic of my process would be to give the majority of the electorate is in favor of a political candidate. The way it is now, the majority of those that choose to vote decide the election. All I want to do is agree with the Republicans = anyone who does not vote counts as a vote against. Therefore, if you don't get a majority of all eligible voters you are not elected. Not just a majority of those that voted.

What's sauce for the goose is sauce for gander. We'll see how many elections the right wing ccould win on that basis.

Our non union employees are among the best compensated in the industry. Ask the NWA FAs how they feel making less for the same company. The Dems have made it nearly impossible to vote out a union. Still today after the voting rules change the process of voting out a union remand the same. A non vote counted as a vote to keep the Union.

The Dems should have allowed union decertification through a simple majority but they did not. Instead they changed it so to get a union in only required a simple majority while voting one out remand the old way. The ATA sured because this was obviously not fair but they were not successful.
This is why the Republicans are upset and want either the decertification process changed or a change back to the old way. No work force should ever be forced into unionization with no hope of voting it out if it becomes useless which is exactly what the Dems are doing. The Dems are the cause of this!

I honestly don't care either way if it is done without malcontent. Unfortunately thats not the way the Dems play. Either make it a simple voting majority to certify and decertify or make it a overall majority to certify and decertify. The Dems are trying to manipulate society as usual and they just keep messing it up!

Our non union employees are among the best compensated in the industry. Ask the NWA FAs how they feel making less for the same company. The Dems have made it nearly impossible to vote out a union. Still today after the voting rules change the process of voting out a union remand the same. A non vote counted as a vote to keep the Union.

The Dems should have allowed union decertification through a simple majority but they did not. Instead they changed it so to get a union in only required a simple majority while voting one out remand the old way. The ATA sured because this was obviously not fair but they were not successful.
This is why the Republicans are upset and want either the decertification process changed or a change back to the old way. No work force should ever be forced into unionization with no hope of voting it out if it becomes useless which is exactly what the Dems are doing. The Dems are the cause of this!

I honestly don't care either way if it is done without malcontent. Unfortunately thats not the way the Dems play. Either make it a simple voting majority to certify and decertify or make it a overall majority to certify and decertify. The Dems are trying to manipulate society as usual and they just keep messing it up!

Man are you serious! Democrats try to manipulate society! Republicans are the reason our country is in the Social, Cultural and Economical hole we find ourselves in today. The Republicans screwed the economy up for 8 years and then blame everyone else except themselves. We have wasted BILLIONS of dollars in a war we should of never gotten involved in. The TAX breaks, well there are more MILLIONAIRES in the US today than ever before, their tax break should be rolled back. $4 BILLION in tax breaks for oil companies, that is absurd! Oil companies profit about $10 Billion per company, per quarter! Why do they need a Tax break????? Republicans try to manipulate what I can watch on TV, listen to on the radio, how I am supposed to believe in god, etc!! In short, They try to MANIPULATE SOCIETY! The Democrats are far from perfect and let me tell you, they are almost as bad as the Republicans, the key word being, ALMOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man are you serious! Democrats try to manipulate society! Republicans are the reason our country is in the Social, Cultural and Economical hole we find ourselves in today. The Republicans screwed the economy up for 8 years and then blame everyone else except themselves. We have wasted BILLIONS of dollars in a war we should of never gotten involved in. The TAX breaks, well there are more MILLIONAIRES in the US today than ever before, their tax break should be rolled back. $4 BILLION in tax breaks for oil companies, that is absurd! Oil companies profit about $10 Billion per company, per quarter! Why do they need a Tax break????? Republicans try to manipulate what I can watch on TV, listen to on the radio, how I am supposed to believe in god, etc!! In short, They try to MANIPULATE SOCIETY! The Democrats are far from perfect and let me tell you, they are almost as bad as the Republicans, the key word being, ALMOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agree.

One thing for sure, the Bush tax cuts sure didn't create jobs. The so called job creators are in fact wealth creators, not job creators. They cut jobs and shipped many jobs overseas in the name of higher corporate profits and unprecedented management bonus's, all the while while the middle class continues to get squeezed.

Way to stay on topic guys. I pointed out a flaw in the current voting rules and not one of you can comprehend it and respond to it. You just spew rhetoric which is simplistic and sophomoric. Just keep telling yourself you are educated and the Republicans are a bunch of god fearing idiots that love rich people and hate poor people. Good luck with that!

Good day, I'm out!

Latest resources

Back